Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone ever in severe pain?
I am sure that many of you have been in unbearable pain and I will tell you what happened with my wife.

My wife had some oral surgery where the dentist had to life the sinus canal and chipped into the bones. By the same evening she was in so much pain she was eating pain pills like candy hoping for a little relief. Her blood pressure got very high and she was shaking like a wet dog. At 9:30 PM I finially got a hold of the surgeon and told him of the severe pain my wife was in and that the pain pills wasn't helping.
He told me to give her 600mg of Ibuprofen every 6 hours a long with the pain pills and that should help with the pain. After I hung up from talking with the surgeon I gave her 3 - 200mg of Ibuprofen and in less than 5 minutes she was pain free. It was a damned miracle.

I couldn't believe how well and fast that Ibuprofen and pain pills worked so well together.

WCisBS

I wish I could take ibuprofin, it kills my stomach severly....I don't what is worse~~~but thanks for the information maybe it will help others here....amazing isn't it?

WCisBS Wrote:I am sure that many of you have been in unbearable pain and I will tell you what happened with my wife.

My wife had some oral surgery where the dentist had to life the sinus canal and chipped into the bones. By the same evening she was in so much pain she was eating pain pills like candy hoping for a little relief. Her blood pressure got very high and she was shaking like a wet dog. At 9:30 PM I finially got a hold of the surgeon and told him of the severe pain my wife was in and that the pain pills wasn't helping.
He told me to give her 600mg of Ibuprofen every 6 hours a long with the pain pills and that should help with the pain. After I hung up from talking with the surgeon I gave her 3 - 200mg of Ibuprofen and in less than 5 minutes she was pain free. It was a damned miracle.

I couldn't believe how well and fast that Ibuprofen and pain pills worked so well together.

WCisBS

Thanks for the info. I am on narcotics for my chronic pain and the pain has recently gotten worse and the meds. do not last long enough these days. My Dr. asked if I had tried adding the Ibuprofen and I laghed...but mayby that, together with the meds. will help me. I am going to trying it tonight. Thanks again,
Laf

You right, the bloody stuff does its job. I have had some pretty serious pain before and it worked like a gem....doesn't work for the pain I have at the moment though. The good thing is that you can absolutely take it with many other meds.........just make sure the doc knows or talk to a pharmasist beforehand though...and make sure you eat food with the stuff...

i wished that helped me with my pain but it doesnt the only thing that helps a little is advil 3 every 4 hours

I'm pretty sure that Advil is ibuprofen.

WCisBS Wrote:I am sure that many of you have been in unbearable pain and I will tell you what happened with my wife.

WCisBS

I have been in severe pain to the point I begged for death. Your wife took 600 mg of Ibuprofen and the pain went away. I used to have to take 1800 mg to make the pain go away. Those days are over thank God.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  severe ankle injury doc2715@msn.com 1 1,753 12-30-2017, 03:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  severe ankle injury and on WC bumfoot 1 3,213 07-22-2014, 02:28 AM
  Shoulder Surgery 5 mos. Ago, Now Severe Elbow Pain krl 25 45,070 11-09-2010, 01:33 AM
  Severe Anxiety and WC hspsensitive 6 10,415 07-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  a year later severe back problems seb7289 18 13,711 10-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Partial Dicectomy to a full discectomy with severe nerve damage, and maybe a fusion kjbckpn 6 11,974 04-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Last Post: tweety00