Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
maryland-settlement and WCMSA lifetime
What is an appropriate settlement figure as a lifetime settlement and amount for the set aside. Do I only take the present value of the money for the rest of my life or just not settle and take weekly payments.

Also for the MSA, can I put that into a separate account and do I have to get authorization from WC Insurance to be able to use it or are they thankfully out of the picture. I am 39 right now and on medicare. thanks

Any settlement amount varies with the impairment level and future medical needs; There is not one amount for every case.
Again there is no one answer that fits every case; some like the guaranteed future payments. Others Not so much.
Yes medicare set aside $$$ can be put in a separate account. The comp carrier has no more say as to how its used. But Medicare/CMS does. Any funds not spent appropriately can be used as a credit agaIst future Medicare expenses.
You should review the info on the CMS setaside site

https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coordinatio...nistration
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Glad that was helpful.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-04-2020, 09:22 PM)1171 Wrote: Any settlement amount varies with the impairment level and future medical needs; There is not one amount for every case.
Again there is no one answer that fits every case; some like the guaranteed future payments. Others Not so much.
Yes medicare set aside $$$ can be put in a separate account. The comp carrier has no more say as to how its used. But Medicare/CMS does. Any funds not spent appropriately can be used as a credit agaIst future Medicare expenses.
You should review the info on the CMS setaside site

https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coordinatio...nistration

Thank you, I worry over future payments as they always " forget" to send my check and then I have to repeatedly file for a hearing. Also for WCMSA would I go to the dr and they file for medicare and what medicare doesn't cover for WC related visits, the set aside money would pay. Or would I be responsible for getting those funds to the dr.
Thanks

Yes, leavIng it their hands is problematic.
No, you use The set aside $$$ first. When they run out then medicare kicks in. If you are self-administering you have to keep a record of paments.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maryland Workmens Comp question Acmiller32 4 941 12-18-2019, 01:19 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Lifetime medical payout Jerry_Rivera 2 1,388 03-12-2019, 11:04 AM
  Sell my medical rights or keep lifetime care? 138 13 8,080 03-12-2019, 05:19 AM
Last Post: Jerry_Rivera
  Advice Anyone?Maryland WC Greybeard11 2 721 03-03-2019, 01:43 AM
  California - Lifetime Med - Coverage Terminated spine pain 25 4,325 02-19-2019, 03:18 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Lifetime pension award plus medical treatment, overseas? Carl1976 1 1,145 09-12-2018, 10:39 AM
  Trying to settle before moving out of state w/o lifetime medical norcalgirl7 3 2,681 07-29-2017, 01:03 AM
  Has anyone successfully moved out of California with lifetime Medical? TreadingWater 10 8,141 07-15-2017, 04:23 PM
  CA-Settling "Lifetime Medical" SickOfTheProcess 8 20,791 12-27-2016, 02:34 PM
  How to get Lifetime medical enforced in CALIF Richard+Catz 2 3,083 11-30-2016, 06:26 PM