Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your opinions about Workers' Compensation Lawyers
Wow this is an old post, and such interesting reading.... I hired my lawyer for I was told to by my father, who had been through the wc process.... He was out of work for almost 3 years with back and shoulder injury from work.. Did all the treatments per drs and wc, no surgery offered totally disabled.... He got $80,000 and all his medical bills paid for, thats not even 2 years pay..... And he did insist that I due some home work and not use the lawyer he did....

I hired mine in 2008 and other then a medical release from hospitol I have not needed his services... I have called and asked for the direction on how to handle things that come up.. He has not asked for a dime from me and even that I was given a raiting for 2 injured parts and was given $12,000 he does not want any thing yet.. He told me when it is time he will do his share and that will come in the end... I have had a easy path with wc, and I think if they knew I had a lawyer, things wouldnt have gone so smoothly.....

Shy 
I have had 2 W/C attorneys. I got one when I realized that I did not know anything about W/C. I thought my first atty would protect me but I ended up doing all of the work. My new atty seems to be on top of things and I am pretty much satisfied with the firm.Rolleyes

I am on my third W/C attorney, First one sent me to a chiro and the chiro's office did not send in report to IC so they stopped my checks, then the attrnys office sent me to a non mpn net work Dr. that for the first time in 4 months I found out I have CRPS, and the Dr. kept requesting for me to go to a PMD and IC stopped my checks again for a month since he was not on the mpn, I was unaware of this, 2nd attrny's office gave me the run around and told me my case was peanuts and they would not file willful neg. on employer, I'm on my third and I really thought he was a carring, trusting, understanding attrny, I found out yesturday my pmd was not my primary dr. I have not had a primary dr. for almost 2 months, I feel like such a fool for thinking I could trust someone again to do there job and to represent my rights for me, but now I feel that has been taken away, and everything my FAMILY has gone through in almost a year has been for nothing, I just don't understand how people can play with peoples lives like that!

Sorry I have been such an a@@, I am going to focus now on not the out come of my claim but getting my family back to the way it was before my injury! This is a wave I will not give up and fall off of again.
Life is like the ocean, it can be calm one minute and the next a wave will knock you off your feet, it's up to you to get back up and take control.

good going sunshine when they make you mad enough you fight or give up glad to know you got backbone and are going to fight
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Overpayment workers compensation Ari 13 22,154 08-02-2020, 01:59 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Workers compensation mikefarwell2316@gmail.com 3 1,554 05-29-2020, 03:27 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  How workers compensation works viprit 1 963 03-13-2019, 10:53 AM
  Is this workers compensation fraud? Lostandconfused 7 2,481 12-09-2018, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
Question Who's Who of Workers Compensation kp121 2 1,246 09-26-2018, 02:02 PM
  WC Lawyers - Can you have two different lawyers on your Case? MrChicago 3 1,142 07-12-2018, 10:56 AM
  Ca Adjuster will not pay Workers Compensation Benefits on Approved Claim. What to do? Billy Miller 4 2,940 02-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Texas Workers Compensation AQA 4 2,739 12-30-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Workers’ Compensation junkhunter35 1 1,434 10-08-2017, 12:35 AM
  seeking opinions Jefft42 12 4,868 05-17-2017, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Jefft42