Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your opinions about Workers' Compensation Lawyers
How many of you have a Workers' Compensation Lawyer? Why?

How many of you don't have a Workers' Compensation Lawyer? Why?

Wink

As you know I had an attorney because WC IC closed my case saying I was all better yet I was still in pain and the doctor was treating the NCM instead of me.

In the end when we went to court, my attorney who started off great - kind of got side tracked with life and didn't put her best foot forward in court. (It's hard when your planning a wedding and looking for a house to buy in NY where I think she is practicing now.) She is a great advocate for IW rights and once she learns NY WC law would make a great WC lawyer.

Over the years I have had several attornies. I know my job is aBIG BOY and you need someone that knows the laws and how to fight them. But sometimes I would swear they have paid them off because they start off all good then they turn to mush...

I have a work comp attorney.

Six months after my injury the wc doctor released me with no restrictions and no rating and closed my medical.

I worked for two weeks four hours a day and had to ice 3 hours daily and stay off my feet rest the day so I could work those four hours.

I knew something was still wrong with my knees. I hired an attorney, reopened my medical and my new treating doctor said I needed bialateral knee replacements and took me off work. My new restrictions limited my walking & standing among other things. This was a big difference from the previous wc doctor.

I have a Workmens' Compensation Attorney!!!

Why, because I force from the start of my injury in 2000 to obtain one, for my emplyer was not reporting my injury to them, and I was dealing with problems for approvals from the begining, knowing at that time I had 3 very bad herniated cervical disc, and time was not on my side.

I did take my time in hiring my Attorney, and sought out the one of the best there is in my State and area.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Mine is a WC attorney, BUT he also specializes in other things.
So far, so good.
LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

mine was awesome and without him and his staff I wouldnt have gotton any treatment......My ex boss gave me his name and number(he was a family practice lawyer) and told me I needed a lawyer bad or I was gonna get screwed.....I needed to learn to trust him and relize things take time ie court hearings and such...when my surgeon ask my lawyers name and I told him he said you are lucky you got one of the good ones...and then when their IME doc asked my lawyers name and I told em they were alot more in depth in their exam.......so I believe a good WC lawyer is worth what they charge...the problem is finding a good one
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I have a w/c Attorney, Who is Great by the way, for Two Reasons. First, I am not being Paid My Correct TTD Rate, and Second, I have Failed Back Surgery, I'm Totally Disabled, and the IME Dr. as usual says I can Work, which I clearly can't!! I have had 11 Hearings, with Number 12 coming up, and there is between 16-18 Petitions Filed due to the Defense Counsel trying, and succeeding to Buy Time!! Hopefully, this will be the Last Hearing, and I MAY have a Decision by June of Next Year! And with so many Petitions filed, You can be Sure there will be a Number of Appeals. It's been Three Years, and this could go on for another Two Years if We have to go to Appeal Court, and then Possibly to the Commonwealth Court. That's why I have an Attorney, because I could have NEVER handled all of this alone!!Wink

hello wink-I have an attorney, it was suggested to me by my treating md, after problems did not resolve and began to get worse.

I hired an attorney when I went a month without receiving a ttd check and I couldn't get a hold of my adjuster. The attorney got me that check (adjuster said she thought I had went back to work. She knew I hadn't) and figured out that they weren't paying me the right amount. After that, the i/c lowered the amount of my ttd and now my attorney can't find out who the i/c attorney is. He can't get a hold of the adjuster either. He finally said that he would file for a hearing without knowing who the attorney is.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I haven't talked to him about this for a while. I guess i had better call him and see where we are. That's one thing I really like about this attorney, I can reach him on the phone. If he's busy, he calls me back that day.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Overpayment workers compensation Ari 13 22,140 08-02-2020, 01:59 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Workers compensation mikefarwell2316@gmail.com 3 1,550 05-29-2020, 03:27 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  How workers compensation works viprit 1 960 03-13-2019, 10:53 AM
  Is this workers compensation fraud? Lostandconfused 7 2,477 12-09-2018, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
Question Who's Who of Workers Compensation kp121 2 1,245 09-26-2018, 02:02 PM
  WC Lawyers - Can you have two different lawyers on your Case? MrChicago 3 1,142 07-12-2018, 10:56 AM
  Ca Adjuster will not pay Workers Compensation Benefits on Approved Claim. What to do? Billy Miller 4 2,931 02-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Texas Workers Compensation AQA 4 2,730 12-30-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Workers’ Compensation junkhunter35 1 1,429 10-08-2017, 12:35 AM
  seeking opinions Jefft42 12 4,862 05-17-2017, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Jefft42