Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hear me out!
My workers compensation claim in the State of: Georgia

Hello, new to the board DOA: 3/6/2019 cdl b class driver and laborer 300 lb door slid off truck landed on my legs, I didn't realize inside of this cardboard cover was a sliding door the sliding part of the door slammed down and i attempted to lift off my legs and felt a sharp pop in my back almost like electricity riding up my spine. hospital diagnosis my right leg with a non displaced fracture. my back is l4-l5-S1 lumbar herniation radiculopathy in my left leg. I've had PT ESI SHOTS and now my treating DR. is saying Laminectomy and Discectomy , IC sent me to do IME the IME doc is saying that he thinks EMG and NCV test need to be done to see if radiculopathy is from Herniation? IME Dr. said if radiculopathy is from Herniated Central Discs that I can Proceed with Surgery. My IME was done in Dec 2019 I got a hold of the report from the IME office Jan 2020 handed over to my lawyer and ATP and now the IC is going silence of the lamb on us? what happens if choose not to move forward with surgery because of the risk and complications that come with the procedures? I understand some will question our integrity and honesty concerning work place accidents and even personal accidents but I by no means would LIE about my health and pain that I experience on a day to day basis. This is my first workers comp Injury and first time I've ever been to a Hospital for an on the job accident. Im 37 yrs old family man and only wish to move forward with life! so what happens if i refuse to go under the knife? seeking wisdom and guidance!

Insurance companies are being more careful about authorizing spinal surgeries from what I have seen. A laminectomy is a big procedure and sometimes herniations resolve on their own in time. I am not a doctor but can tell you that I have seen patients who improve from that procedure but also those who got a lot worse. Also, I have come across patients who went in for a micro diseconomy but when their surgeon went in he did a fusion. I do not want to scare you but it may be a good idea to do a nerve test and to also get a few more opinions if you can. Many spinal surgeries are being overly done and may not help over conservative treatment such as PT. if you are losing function that is different. This is a good article about spinal fusions, but it is good for anyone who is considering a spinal surgery.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertlangr...d537a7519d
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(02-23-2020, 07:38 PM)California_Help Wrote: Insurance companies are being more careful about authorizing spinal surgeries from what I have seen. A laminectomy is a big procedure and sometimes herniations resolve on their own in time. I am not a doctor but can tell you that I have seen patients who improve from that procedure but also those who got a lot worse. Also, I have come across patients who went in for a micro diseconomy but when their surgeon went in he did a fusion. I do not want to scare you but it may be a good idea to do a nerve test and to also get a few more opinions if you can. Many spinal surgeries are being overly done and may not help over conservative treatment such as PT. if you are losing function that is different. This is a good article about spinal fusions, but it is good for anyone who is considering a spinal surgery.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertlangr...d537a7519d

Thanks for the response my friend, I'm definitely going to read the article , and hope for the best my health is priority number one n being able to spend time with my family raise them to be productive members of society is the goal!

I wish you good luck with your goal.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused; Waiting to hear back from attorney seatheeworld 2 490 01-15-2019, 05:01 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  how long before you hear results of PIR rateing? sparkey 5 3,041 01-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Last Post: AQA
  How long after PIR rateing before i hear something? sparkey 5 2,699 01-07-2008, 05:21 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  anyone hear from monster lately?? snowbear 17 8,216 04-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy