Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unsure in Settlement Amount in CA
Looking for help on settlement amount.
I'll make this short and to the point but it's been a long road and not near over.
Injured my L5-s1 at work in 2015 I have been getting treatment, lots, and had to fight comp all the way. I have an attn. but I seem to be fighting alone sometimes.
Anyhow, 2 back surgeries, 1st was to release the compressed nerve going down my left leg and foot. that comes with a lot of issues. That was not successful.2nd back surgery was the fusion and by the time they approved it had to do L4/5 as well. Still have nerve compression it never got better. Now I am fighting for the 2nd IMR appeal to get the nerve compression fixed because my doctor already said it can be fixed.
Anyway they want to settle, and to be honest, I'm tired of dealing with it all.
My pain management dr. said he could do the treatment for the nerve with my ins. I cannot work at all and already won my SSD hearing..I am only 50 now.
So, I am just wondering if anyone has any advice or round about settlement amount? Or ideas on how to figure it out or what maybe someone in my similar situation has settled and went thru?
I am in California unfortunately...Wk Comp is horrible here.
Anyway,
Thanks for listening and any advice would be awesome.

Are you just looking to to get a fix on the PD amount or buyout all future benefits?
If you are settling medical as well, you’ll probably have to get medicare to sign off on the treatment amount.
If just PD, you need a rating in order to do a calculation.
To find out more, read fact sheet D
https://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/iwguides.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-07-2020, 08:51 PM)shell0755 Wrote: Looking for help on settlement amount.
I'll make this short and to the point but it's been a long road and not near over.
Injured my L5-s1 at work in 2015 I have been getting treatment, lots, and had to fight comp all the way. I have an attn. but I seem to be fighting alone sometimes.
Anyhow, 2 back surgeries, 1st was to release the compressed nerve going down my left leg and foot. that comes with a lot of issues. That was not successful.2nd back surgery was the fusion and by the time they approved it had to do L4/5 as well. Still have nerve compression it never got better. Now I am fighting for the 2nd IMR appeal to get the nerve compression fixed because my doctor already said it can be fixed.
Anyway they want to settle, and to be honest, I'm tired of dealing with it all.
My pain management dr. said he could do the treatment for the nerve with my ins. I cannot work at all and already won my SSD hearing..I am only 50 now.
So, I am just wondering if anyone has any advice or round about settlement amount? Or ideas on how to figure it out or what maybe someone in my similar situation has settled and went thru?
I am in California unfortunately...Wk Comp is horrible here.
Anyway,
Thanks for listening and any advice would be awesome.

What is the surgery he is proposing to get the nerve compression fixed?After 2 failed spinal surgeries, I would be hesitant to have another with the same surgeon without getting a few more opinions from other surgeons.

There are some surgeons who are known to over operate and why I mention to get a few other opinions. Best to you.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

When you have more information this may help
https://www.mulfil.com/compensation-calculator/
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thankx for posting; glad my information was helpful..
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Workers comp settlement amount help Jayal27 4 2,572 09-07-2018, 04:06 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Unsure what to do redsoxfan 6 1,140 07-03-2018, 08:48 AM
Last Post: redsoxfan
  What type of settlement amount should I be looking for? Redtux 2 1,413 01-21-2018, 02:30 PM
  What type of settlement amount should I be asking for? Amirahlove21 7 2,577 01-18-2018, 02:43 PM
  settlement amount Waitingwonderer 7 12,906 08-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  SSDI 1099 using WC offset in tax amount??? vinga 5 5,808 01-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Babebahn
  Maryland - hearing and unsure what to make of it??? constantpain 5 4,619 05-06-2013, 06:07 AM
Last Post: hamrs_62
  need help to try firguring out settlement amount WhiteRabbit 1 3,783 01-25-2013, 08:18 PM
  ic offered a low amount.was choosing a hearing date a good idea? str8active 16 18,800 05-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Cool mileage amount in Calif captainsuzan 3 5,542 06-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Last Post: chrischris