Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settlement question in Georgia
Hello workers comp family ! My injury took place in Atlanta Georgia March 2019, spinal stenosis, herniation, spondylolysis, in my lumbar and chondral defect in my knee. CDL b class driver and loader/unloader. I've had ESI, Pt, and now my ATP is saying surgery laminectomy. Insurance company sent me to ImE last month still waiting to hear from him been bout a month and two weeks. So my question is, I read where ttd benefits are capped at some many weeks along with medical benefits, my question is can I settle my ttd benefits or medical benefits before they run out?

×Workers comp Zombie×

its possible but unlikely as employer/carrier generally will want to settle all future liability including permanent disability.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-27-2020, 08:14 PM)1171 Wrote: its possible but unlikely as employer/carrier generally will want to settle all future liability including permanent disability.

So if I have 300 weeks of ttd or medical benefits left i would have to negotiate a discount on that number of weeks?

You only have as many weeks as the medical evidence supports up to the statutory maximum.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Have you negotiated work comp settlements before?
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-28-2020, 01:10 PM)1171 Wrote: Have you negotiated work comp settlements before?

Actually no, this my first and hopefully last workers comp claim. I'm by no means very knowledgeable about it I know simple things. So I come here to gain some insight as what where how n when. You know . I spend my time writing down concepts for books I tend to publish n rest. Im 37 yrs old as of the 9th of this month and have been notice a difference in my confidence to navigate within society due to anxiety n depression. This has been a very tough time but I know just as the moon changes this shall pass.

You really need to have a good understanding where your leverage is if you are going to negotiate successfully.
You might be better off allowing an atty experience in Georgia’s comp laws to do it for you.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hello again , I recently received my ime report and the ime seemed somewhat fair but there were a couple of negatives like "embellishment" and "morbid obesity" one there's no need to lie or exaggerate and second I explained to him I gained this weight sitting at home due to the injury. Well towards the end of the report the Dr. Xxx says that surgery was needed if the emg and ncv test he suggested were in fact positive for radiculopathy from the central disc herniation I sustain during the work related injury. I was also diagnosed with moderate to severe stenosis in my lumbar l4-l5 . I've had esi shots n physical therapy none of it work mind you no record of any injury what so ever yet even after MRI readings of stenosis n central disc herniation n various other complications they are still pushing the ideology that I'm lying! Wow no surgery no hospital visits no prior injuries? Really? So I've been waiting for the IC to respond ? , I had exam on 20th of December 19' got my copy 31st of January 20' and now its Feb 15th 20' no response. Mind you the IC ordered the ime yet nothing. What could be the hold up concerning the ime Dr. Report???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Illinois Settlement question Ayurved14 1 360 10-16-2019, 03:24 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA - Settlement question(s) mikeetoe 1 593 06-07-2019, 12:12 PM
  NYS Section 32 Settlement Question Chin14609 3 790 05-01-2019, 10:09 PM
  Kentucky Worker Comp Settlement Question josh1985 36 9,963 03-12-2019, 12:34 PM
  Georgia can't get a new job after wc Kmissie 2 1,771 06-27-2017, 01:03 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  North Carolina impairment rating and settlement question Joshlw 3 3,701 03-30-2017, 02:15 PM
  Settled my claim in georgia.... alvinf478 5 4,428 03-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
  ppd rating in georgia!! alvinf478 1 2,503 07-18-2015, 02:00 PM
  spinal and cervical stenosis in georgia and need some advice'doctor didnt explain it! alvinf478 1 2,354 07-16-2015, 09:39 PM
  changing treating doctors in georgia!! alvinf478 5 2,850 06-20-2015, 01:57 AM