Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WC California / PD payments
Hi all, so I received my first PD payment today , wow such a small amount compared to TTD. Just wondering how many weeks I'm to receive? I have not heard from the IC and nor my attorney, although I've tried to reach out to the attorney. .. is it not the IC that needs to send me some kind of explanation for the PD ? QME made me MMI or P&S, but asked for more testing and I've yet to hear about that... WC is so confusing. ...

As always thanks for your answers

Duration of permanent disability payments are computed based on your impairment rating. Advances are less then the minimum they anticipate.
Yes they should send a notice when they begin advances and another when they stop.
Yes, like taxes, any time you are dealing with other peoples $$$ there are many rules and that can be confusing.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks 1171 for your response, makes sense now, however do the payments continue until settlement or something like that? I do have an MSA out there that will kick in March or I should say that Medicare will kick in. The IC wanted to settle before the Medicare would kick in ,should be interesting to see what they do. I've had no real treatment as I've mentioned that before and I'll be seeing my PTP in a few weeks, should be interesting. .. I'd certainly like to be out of the WC circus! !! More importantly thanks for taking your time to answer all these questions and posts.

“Something like that” is as precise as it gets.
Medicare won’t kick in as long as you have comp liability open.
Glad to help.
We’ll try and get you thru ‘till you are out of the system.
BE WELL
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

When you get your rating you compute the amount here
https://www.mulfil.com/compensation-calculator/

P.S. there is no guarentee the carrier will accept the MSA amount.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 thanks! !!
So does the rating come from QME and PTP? PTP hasn't added his 2 cents in as of yet ,so I'm only assuming that the QME report is where the PD payments are coming from? Oh yes i understand about the IC and my msa! !! The defense attorney is always saying that the IC wanted to settle before March as per my attorney tells me.. I don't believe everything I'm told ! Ha

Thanks again

QME probably.
Good. As you’ve learned they keep you offbalance by pumping things up and then adding a complication at the last minute. THat way your own anticipation works against you.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 thanks
Off balance is the correct wording for sure !!! It's a very confusing world in WC !!!
But thanks for helping me understand it more clearly.

Much appreciated