Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hours cut after weight restriction due to injury
I work in Michigan. Workman's Comp has agreed to cover my claim for injury from heavy lifting at work. Receiving and stocking shipments is one of my main responsibilities. I am on a ten pound weight restriction and cannot handle stock or many other jobs I was performing on maintenance so my hours have been cut in half. Is this lost wages due to the injury which are supposed to be partially or fully compensated for by WC?

Yes.
“ If you are cleared to return to work from a medical professional, but still on medical restrictions that cause you to receive wages less than your AWW, you could receive “partial” benefits equal to 80 percent of the after-tax value of the difference between your new gross pay per week and your previous AWW. If however, you cannot return to your employer of injury, but do have the ability to do some type of work for wages (even if you are not actually working), the weekly wage loss benefit could be reduced to take into account your residual wage earning capacity. ”
https://www.michigan.gov/leo/0,5863,7-33...#bookmark4
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-25-2020, 06:42 PM)1171 Wrote: Yes.
“ If you are cleared to return to work from a medical professional, but still on medical restrictions that cause you to receive wages less than your AWW, you could receive “partial” benefits equal to 80 percent of the after-tax value of the difference between your new gross pay per week and your previous AWW. If however, you cannot return to your employer of injury, but do have the ability to do some type of work for wages (even if you are not actually working), the weekly wage loss benefit could be reduced to take into account your residual wage earning capacity. ”

Thank you for your reply...

How do I get the compensation? Do I have to go to my employer and request or demand it, or do I contact somebody at WC?

edited...sorry

(01-25-2020, 06:42 PM)1171 Wrote: Yes.

I was not off duty from work for any days.. I filed the injury report with my employer then went to the clinic they referred after my shift ended. Dr's work restriction orders came a couple days later. A few days later they cut my hours in half. Do I have to wait seven days or two weeks before partial compensation for lost wages? Is that compensation paid by my employer, or does the workman's comp issue the check....IF i get up the nerve to fight for lost wages. I'm sure they already want to get rid of me.

It depends on how long the doctor has you disabled.
“No compensation is paid for an injury which does not last for at
least one week (7 days). If the disability lasts beyond one
week, the worker is entitled to benefits as of the eighth day
after the injury. If a disability continues for two weeks or long-
er, then the worker is entitled to compensation for the first
week of disability”
An insurance carrier or the employer provides the benefits.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA workers- hours cut /off work/child care EDD California_Help 1 501 03-17-2020, 09:00 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Dr refused to fill out work restriction form Andy1689 8 1,612 08-26-2019, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Andy1689
  FCE and DR. Restriction . Hurtnt 3 1,556 06-29-2018, 11:37 PM
  Michigan permanent work restriction question dvande04 2 2,660 05-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Last Post: dvande04
  Does being fired for work restriction count as time loss? mwpdx86 3 3,348 03-06-2016, 02:06 PM
  Lifting restriction jky705 2 2,287 02-02-2016, 11:57 AM
Last Post: jky705
  Hours question Michiganworker 1 1,799 01-21-2016, 12:30 PM
  CA Alternative Work wages and hours question Poseid Atlantean 4 3,495 07-24-2015, 11:55 PM
  returning to work with 34 less hours, can I get another job while working this one mart 1 2,834 01-27-2015, 03:41 AM
  Restriction to Work stella123 1 1,857 12-15-2014, 05:09 PM