Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WC California /QME Report
So today I received my report from the QME, it states that I'm now MMI and P&S and mentions the voucher program also .QME is asking for new nerve testing to be done also ,I'm confused about that. I thought once you reach MMI or become P&S that it's rather a done deal, was hopeful to be done with the system of WC . So does TTD continue or does something else happen? I've reached out to my attorney about this ,but of course no response as of this writing, usually takes weeks for a response. .

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

TTD stops usually when you are deemed P&S.

The QME can request testings and can write a supplemental report. It is unknown what if anything will change after the nerve test.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

You should ask your attorney for clarification, as I am just assuming from limited info from your post on what will happen next.

Best to you.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Thanks california help for your response, so do you know if the PD payments kick in or maybe settlement since testing will still need to be scheduled after the IC makes a decision on the matter ? Yes I've reached out to my attorney with regards to this, no response, takes weeks. ..

Thanks Again

Since the QME report states that I'm MMI or P&S,does my PTP also do a report or ? ? can PTP and QME disagree ? Probably not because QME trumps PTP I'm guessing.
Should be interesting to see how my PTP thinks about this. .

Thanks all

Its the QMEs opinion that trumps. The treating doc can have relevant input as to medical facts and findings.
There are many occasions where diagnostic studies or medical history were not available to the QME.
By all means have your treating doc comment on the QME report. No one can predict what the court will find more persuasive; even if its a “ long shot”.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks 1171, yes there was missing medical information that the QME didn't have, I was surprised with his report, I see my PTP tomorrow. ..

Thanks Again!

(01-14-2020, 03:11 PM)Flipping fran Wrote: Thanks 1171, yes there was missing medical information that the QME didn't have, I was surprised with his report, I see my PTP tomorrow. ..

Thanks Again!

Hopefully the missing information is critical to supporting the QMEs opinion.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 that I'm unsure of! !! I just don't think my PTP is going to like QME report stating I'm MMI, however I think my PTP wanted to do more treatment, which has been spoty at best ,due to the IC always denying treatment. .. don't think the IC will go along with the treatment the QME is requesting either . I'm glad this forum is available and for the answers we all get from you and others. ..

Thanks Again

You’re welcome.
Information is critical to leveling the playing field between injured workers and the experts who make the decisions.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PQME's PS Report v/s PTP's PS Report? neckpain101 6 5,026 10-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Last Post: 1171
  what happens after you receive an ama report-california sick and tired 10 9,921 01-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Last Post: 1171