Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you receive a radiology report: be aware of this
Today I cam across a patient who was very upset with her doctor. She had previously had an MRI and when she went back to her doctor about the results he said it was normal and recommended physical therapy. She picked up a copy of the radiology report and it listed "things" occurring on numbers levels.

The Radiologist in this Ted talk discusses incidentalomas. I believe it is a good idea for any patient who has to have a scan know what they are and how they can lead to over treatment, testings and can lead to patient harm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrjx8ikME7Q
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Sorry about the typos "came". I cannot edit my posts on this site for some reason and my typing sucks.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Receive A Phone Call This Morning From Request of The Kansas Governor Bummer Knees 2 1,851 03-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo