Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
occ lung disease in ca
you might get basic information from the DWC
https://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/EAMS/EAMS_Pub...arch.htm#1
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

well my claim was approved 2 months ago and i still have not recieved anything since than. i got my 20 WPI rating from the QME over a month ago and still no benefits. how long does it usually take for this to be resolved???

(07-03-2020, 02:59 PM)christofear Wrote: well my claim was approved 2 months ago and i still have not recieved anything since than. i got my 20 WPI rating from the QME over a month ago and still no benefits. how long does it usually take for this to be resolved???

Your claim can get approved and they can still dispute TTD. They no longer have to advance PD payments. Did you get a copy of the QME report and did he comment on dates of temporary disability? To receive TTD you need to have a doctor in their MPN certify continued dates of TTD or a QME/AME can opine on it. The insurance company can still dispute it and if so your attorney would need to file a hearing.

I would ask your attorney because it would be impossible for anyone on a message board to know how long it would take. I have seen cases drag on for years and I have seen cases settle quickly.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(07-03-2020, 02:59 PM)christofear Wrote: well my claim was approved 2 months ago and i still have not recieved anything since than. i got my 20 WPI rating from the QME over a month ago and still no benefits. how long does it usually take for this to be resolved???

Did you get info from the insurance company on their MPN so you can start seeing a treating doctor through work comp?
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

No i am not getting any treatment even though the QME says i need treatment in his supplemental report.He put me at 20%WPI due to granulomatous lung disease with complete atelectasis in upper right lobe due to silica exposure FROM WORK. and that was three months ago. Claim was approved on may first(had deposition on may 14th) i still have not recieved any type of payment or notice from them. My lawyer sent a demand letter but no response so we are going to file a DORP. he also amended my claim since they found more cumulative problems( upper and lower extremeties).Lawyer Also filed another separate claim(different company) because the QME went back a few years on apportionment. (they denied second claim outright) my deposition for second claim is next month and i will have to go to a PQME . how long does it take after DORP is filed before i will see any PD bennefits??Or can they settle before hearing?? I dont know anything about workers comp as this is my first claim ever in 25 years. I am a tilesetter in case your wondering what i did for a living. Also what does amending an approved claim mean???? workers compensation should be renamed to workers uncompensated. im sure glad there are lawyers. Dang insurance companies are raking it in when our employers pay our policies off of our backs. But when we hurt our backs or get injured we have to take them to court and its a long battle. its BS having to wait a year to see a judge when you cant do your work anymore just to get the benefits you and employer have already paid for. anyway im just venting because it has been a year since my lawyer filed. I went to an agreed QME that the defense picked and they still dont want to pay disability benefits. lol. i dont get it. there doctor put me at 20%wpi and they still need there teeth pulled.

well its been over 4 months since i recieved approval from ins. company and still havent heard anything. So my lawyer filed a DOR. Now there is a priority conference coming up soon. Maybe my claim will get somewhere now?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Occupational Disease Mms482 2 1,903 02-15-2017, 06:56 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Termination of heart and lung benefits? Lcmb71 15 11,651 06-24-2014, 04:01 PM
  occupational disease kallicco 10 11,915 05-16-2012, 11:51 PM
  New York State occupational lung disease weldonSC 12 16,470 08-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Last Post: weldonSC
  Graves Disease Tuffy 16 12,448 02-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNvic
  Occupational Disease case settled in 2000 need medical treatment littlefoot2020 2 6,332 07-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Maxi
  Kienbock's disease nauticalgurl1 3 6,665 04-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Occupational Disease foolinsc 3 4,643 03-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Last Post: cindy1sttimewc