Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
occ lung disease in ca
I need to research the statute. Its been changed often and i shouldn’t trust my memory..
I’ll get back to you.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

ok thanks 1171 it is appreciated. this is the first WC claim i have ever filed and hopefully the last. im just looking for some insight to what is going on and how things work. So that being said from what i gather every insurance company that i have worked for in the last 5 years is gonna pitch into the pity hat for me?? so that one single insurance company doesnt have to fill it by themselves??

The liability period for cumulative trauma and occupational disease has changed many times. it is now limited to one year from the time the date of injury.
However the evidence of pre-existing disability due to specific injury or non- industrial disability Prior to he one year is admissible.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

so i recieved my final report from the QME and he has put me at 20%wpi. It also says that part of my lung is chronic completely collapsed due to my work injury. But he also says i have to file another claim on previous employers. my claim was approved over 30 days ago and i still have not recieved any TTD as it was put on delay also. my question is 20% wpi a typo with having a partially collapsed lung? Will the IC send me a bicycle tire hand pump before they send me any benefits? help me understand this. what does 20%wpi mean. thanks

100% is total disability for any work permanently. you are permanently partially disabled and are medically capable of some work within your restrictions.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-05-2020, 09:34 PM)1171 Wrote: 100% is total disability for any work permanently. you are permanently partially disabled and are medically capable of some work within your restrictions.

1171 do you know if the 20% WPI can be a normal rating for this type of injury? I know every situation is different.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Without the report outlining all the factors its difficult to second guess the doc.
ratings are Generally reviewed by the DEB for accuracy and conformity to the guidelines. I,ll look at my copy.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

thanks,what is happening is the QME is putting most of the liabilty on previous employers i have had. so i am also having to file another claim against a previous employer because the QME said to. so will i get another rating ?? and if i do get another rating will they be added together ?? i think my claim just got way more complicated. I mean what are some work restrictions with someone that has a completely collapsed upper right lobe?? 20 wpi was on the final report. does that get adjusted somewhere along the line?

i have a question. since i now have the final report and it says im PPD with a wpi rating of 20%. also with an approved claim... when will i start recieving PPD benefits?? its going on 8 months and i havent recieved any sort of compensation. thanks

have you requested them?
i have no access to your claims file or any information on the status of your claim.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Occupational Disease Mms482 2 2,507 02-15-2017, 06:56 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Termination of heart and lung benefits? Lcmb71 15 14,062 06-24-2014, 04:01 PM
  occupational disease kallicco 10 13,441 05-16-2012, 11:51 PM
  New York State occupational lung disease weldonSC 12 18,006 08-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Last Post: weldonSC
  Graves Disease Tuffy 16 14,679 02-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNvic
  Occupational Disease case settled in 2000 need medical treatment littlefoot2020 2 6,877 07-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Maxi
  Kienbock's disease nauticalgurl1 3 7,422 04-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Occupational Disease foolinsc 3 5,251 03-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Last Post: cindy1sttimewc