Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
occ lung disease in ca
The QME should have all your medical records. Be prepared to give them a complete work history.
Its up to the physician as what tests need to be run or rerun. There are hundreds of thousand of claims from simple lacerations to death and paralysis. Few need a judicial determination as there is much incentive to settle issues before it gets to that point.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Here is the most recent annual report on workers compensation in califonia
https://www.dir.ca.gov/chswc/Reports/201...rt2019.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

thank you.

You’re welcome. There is a lot of data collected as its a very large system and its processes are monitored closely.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

there is alot of good information thanks 1171.My QME is next week and today in the mail was a reminder from the IC defense attorney and actually a check. yeaa a check for transportation cost lol. i havent worked in a few years and actually forgot what a check looked like lmao. And to tell you the truth i have lost alot of faith after denial notice. But im in there ball field as a T-ball batter so my faith is restored after seeing a check actually sent from the IC.(corvel). thought i was fighting a losing battle with some of the horror stories.

While a lot of trust has been lost in the comp system over the years, its not yet a “free for all”.
the process and procedures are still enforced and resolutions are still based on the strength of the evidence. Sophisticate fraud is still fighting to take the system down but changes have been effective for the most part.
I hope the system can handle the current epidemic equitably
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

well i went to my agreed upon QME appointment so that is out of the way. i was the only person in the building besides the dr and secratery lol. was a ghost town. i tried calling my lawyer but they are closed for a month. with a denied claim what is gonna happen from this point on ? He wants more test done such as CT scan and full range blood panel and a full blown breathing test.

Hopefully you’ll get the necessary tests and the doctor will issues an opinion.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

yes hopefully. if his opinion is in my favor will my denial be overturned? will i possibly begin to recieve TTD or PD bennys. he seems to be in agreement with my PTP which was in my favor about my injury being work related. is it true that my injury only has to be 1% work related in order to be accepted? thanks again.

Doctors only provide the medical evidence; they do not render a judicial determination.
The doctor can give medical findings that support a diagnosis and contributing factors.
Whether they are persuasive enough and meet the legal requirements of “proximate cause” and not just any cause will be up to the comp court.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Occupational Disease Mms482 2 2,517 02-15-2017, 06:56 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Termination of heart and lung benefits? Lcmb71 15 14,127 06-24-2014, 04:01 PM
  occupational disease kallicco 10 13,465 05-16-2012, 11:51 PM
  New York State occupational lung disease weldonSC 12 18,064 08-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Last Post: weldonSC
  Graves Disease Tuffy 16 14,707 02-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNvic
  Occupational Disease case settled in 2000 need medical treatment littlefoot2020 2 6,890 07-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Maxi
  Kienbock's disease nauticalgurl1 3 7,440 04-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Occupational Disease foolinsc 3 5,261 03-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Last Post: cindy1sttimewc