Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
occ lung disease in ca
hello e1. im new to all this WC stuff. anyhow i found out that i have a lung disease from all the years of work. i filed a WC claim and recieved a delay notice for factual med evidence. also i recieved a pharmacy card in the mail. is this a good sign? i did hire a lawyer but you know its like pulling teeth to get any answers. any and all advice is welcome. great site by the way thanks. i am waiting for a doctor appointment at this time. what are next steps(timeline)??

Not necessarily. They have to pay treatment during the delay. File a claim form if you haven’t already and read all the notification information included. Path is not scripted; it depends on how the issues develop.
Claim form and more information here
https://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/DWCForm1.pdf
https://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/iwguides.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

well my lawyer filed with the DWC form and a judge was assigned. I recieved a notice with a doctor appointment in a few weeks. havent heard anything else. so i assume i will not recieve any sort of TTD or PD until after i visit the dr? what sort of things can i expect going on from this point? thanks in advance.

I don,t know the issues in your claim. Sounds like more the he claim form was filed and litigation has begun.
Generally during litigation both sides gather evidence, discuss settlement, and if necessary go to trial.
The quality of the evidence will determine the outcome.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(12-10-2019, 03:11 PM)christofear Wrote: well my lawyer filed with the DWC form and a judge was assigned. I recieved a notice with a doctor appointment in a few weeks. havent heard anything else. so i assume i will not recieve any sort of TTD or PD until after i visit the dr? what sort of things can i expect going on from this point? thanks in advance.

Have you gotten a doctors note from a doctor in the medical provider network that states you are TTD? You need that to receive TTD. Are you currently working?

Is the appointment notice for a QME or primary treating physician evaluation?
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

the appointment is for an evaluation by a QME. I have not been seen by doctor in the MPN so this will be my first visit. I am currently not employed.

If you quit you may not qualify for TTD.

Can I ask why you have not seen a doctor within the MPN? Is your claim denied?
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Occupational Disease Mms482 2 1,102 02-15-2017, 06:56 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Termination of heart and lung benefits? Lcmb71 15 8,803 06-24-2014, 04:01 PM
  occupational disease kallicco 10 9,790 05-16-2012, 11:51 PM
  New York State occupational lung disease weldonSC 12 14,375 08-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Last Post: weldonSC
  Graves Disease Tuffy 16 9,845 02-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNvic
  Occupational Disease case settled in 2000 need medical treatment littlefoot2020 2 5,548 07-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Maxi
  Kienbock's disease nauticalgurl1 3 5,686 04-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Occupational Disease foolinsc 3 3,703 03-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Last Post: cindy1sttimewc