Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life Care Plan Florida
I was paralyzed on the job 29 years ago. A life care plan was put together to take care of me for the rest of my life. In the plan it covered a new van every 4-5 years, wheelchair every 5-7 years, attendant care, suppliers etc. Over the years I have received a new van but workers comp always puts up a fight. I'm due for a new van now (current van is over 5 years old with 112,000 miles) and the fight starts. What I don't understand is there was a lot of money put away to take care of me for the rest of my life and they fight me over what the life care plan says I should be getting. Am I right on this? Any help is appreciated.

I think you misunderstood the purpose of the plan and how insurance works.
The law requires that the carrier report their liabilities i.e. estimated future costs. The plan helped them with their report. no real dollars were taken from the carrier; your claim estimate is just an accounting item.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-18-2019, 01:13 PM)1171 Wrote: I think you misunderstood the purpose of the plan and how insurance works.
The law requires that the carrier report their liabilities i.e. estimated future costs. The plan helped them with their report. no real dollars were taken from the carrier; your claim estimate is just an accounting item.

Where did the millions of dollars come from that has paid for everything over the past 29 years and will continue to pay until I die?

I’m stunned.
I wouldn’t know where to start for such a basic explanation.
You can probably find better information on the fundamental insurance processes elsewhere.
As for your primary question, i think you might find someone to help you understand on the florida website.
A life care plan is not a contract or an approved settlement.
Use the phone numbers listed or click on the email address
https://www.myfloridacfo.com/division/wc...efault.htm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life Care Plan Florida Chuckert44 4 217 09-18-2019, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Chuckert44
  OCIP has an exclusion that voids plan danitaw63 4 3,929 11-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Last Post: danitaw63