Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Concussion - PA
Hello,

My husband suffered a concussion while at a job site and has been on Workman's Comp for almost 6 months now. He is still sensitive to light, loud noises, and sudden movements. Yet his doctor told him he should start driving (locally, like no farther than down the street or in an empty parking lot) and go back to work for 2 hours a day (even though he hasn't driven since the accident). He also still has neuro and physical therapy that the doctor wants him to go to on top of going back to work if possible.
I've been driving him to his appts (my company has been super flexible with me working odd hours) but I won't be able to take off more time to take him to/from work which is a 20 minute drive from where we live. Any comments/idea are welcome on where we can go from here. Thanks.

Transportation to & from work is a difficult benefit for comp to accept.
Your husband might try getting the physician to prescribe and put in their report that the patient requires transportation assistance during his recovery and transition back to full employment.
Worker convenience is not directly stated as a benefit under comp laws and many carriers/ employers will be reluctant to provide it.
If your husband has legal representation, they might be particular aware of caselaw tha may require it.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Post WC Concussion socalnerd 5 2,889 02-22-2016, 10:16 PM
Last Post: socalnerd
  Fall and Concussion at work...settlement??? metalpyro 1 10,394 03-02-2014, 02:37 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Anyone heard from Arizona gal with concussion and hubby Larry? bagpussinamerica 6 3,701 09-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Post-Concussion Syndrome in California wowthathurt 24 17,046 08-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Lilly