Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMI
Hello, the orthopedic surgeon of the spine, the orthopedic surgeon of the knee, the doctor treating physical therapy and the IME Dr, declared me MMI. With different opinions. I have an audience very soon and I was asked to fill out the lwec form. My question is that if I could already obtain permanence? And what does that mean to me? I am also worried that in the report of the last ime there are errors that were not rectified I do not know how bad that is, for example that I did not use any orthopedic device, or that I did a cervical MRI a few months ago, and the last one was 3 years, report of a doctor who do not know who he is and some other things. Not to mention that his opinion is very different from my Drs. I don't know what to expect. and if I become ppd. How is that determined

Maximum Medical Improvement means the injury has reached a relative unchanging state and is ready for determination of the extent of permanent impairment.
Not every fact contained in a report is critical to a finding of permanent impairment. One would have to review the details of the report to determine what findings the physician is relying on to support his conclusions
You can retain an atty to represent you at any time..
You can review the impairment guidelines here
http://www.wcb.ny.gov/content/main/hcpp/...erview.jsp
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

thanks for answering. I have a lawyer. Don't talk to him but talk to someone in his office. From what I understand, no rectification was sent, only the insurance was informed of the error

You can have your treating doctor review the offending report and issue a written opinion as to what is in error or been left out.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

have no idea what happened in the hearing today. How long the MMI reports to be valid ?.. ...

(09-13-2019, 10:23 PM)confusedNY Wrote: have no idea what happened in the hearing today. How long the MMI reports to be valid ?.. ...
until either party deems it reasonable to need an update
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-08-2019, 12:52 AM)1171 Wrote: You can have your treating doctor review the offending report and issue a written opinion as to what is in error or been left out.

Thank you for your response, that is the only thing that could be done, because
the doctors on both sides have to declare in the next hearing. They disagree,

Please can someone explain to me why, after being declared MMI by my doctor and my employer's insurance doctor, I no longer have access to medical visits or prescriptions? Everything is very confusing for me. I still don't know what my PPD will be if I have it. That will be decided at the next hearing. If I need pain pills, do I have to pay them? In addition there will no longer be updated medical records in several months until the next hearing. I have not closed my case or signed anything. I have always maintained that it is a Judge who decides the resolution of my claim. I was denied for the SSD. They are so many years in this with ups and downs but they always gave me medical attention and no more. I don't know if I'm such a slow mentally and I don't understand it or it's somebody's mistake. but until a judge says that I no longer should at least receive my pain pills

The denial of treatment is not due to being MMI.
Contact your doctor or your attorney. They may have more recent information about your medical coverage.
Often your health insurer will provide coverage when comp denies benefits.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I have no other medical insurance, my medical problems are in the neck, back and knee (which needs total replacement in the future, I do not know if a year two or three ,,,) otherwise I am fine. I have no more health problems than those caused by my work injury. The explanation of the doctor's office is that I would be closing my case ... where did that information come from? It is not true ... and the one of the paralegal ... I did not understand anything, he said nothing in particular and nothing that makes sense to me. Basically, I'm already MMI. I want the Judge to decide because I trust the law and I think it will be the most correct and best for me, because closing my case and running out of medical attention in the future would be the worst thing that can happen to me