Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IME
I had a work accident 4 years ago, 2 surgeries an acdf of 3 levels and one in the knee, I declined the suggestion of a surgery in the lower back, the doctors filled out the form c4.3 the report says the letters E and F . No idea what it means. I know that I have cervical and lumbar radioculopathy, the question is ... I will attend an IME in a short time. I have always had a good experience in the examinations, but the one that approaches is different, it is in another place with another Dr, and the letter of the appointment does not say the purpose, it always says the reason if it is by the spine or the knee etc. . but not this one what fills me with uncertainty is that they changed it to a different Dr then they suspend it and then again they give me another different Dr again another location ,, without writing in the space the reason or the purpose .. the insurance can say that I am not MMI ? Or may I have trouble refusing surgeries? or totally suspend my weekly benefits? Also, my Dr of therapy has not yet discharged me either the letter with the medical restrictions I also received a letter that says they have documentation that I voluntarily withdraw from the labor market. And that is false. My doctor did not discharge me and he has not given me the letter with the medical restrictions

i have no information on why they changed doctors. its their evidence and their choice.
the carrier/employer has a legal right to gather supporting medical evidence to uphold any decision on whether you are at Maximum Medical Improvement or not or on the extent of any permanent impairment.
I don't understand "trouble refusing surgeries"? every patient is free to accept or reject medical advise--you are not a lab rat.
yes differences in opinion/medical evidence can be resolved by the comp court or thru negotiation.
did you retire?
you may need the services of work comp atty to resolve the disputes.
for detailed information on Rating your permanent impairment
http://www.wcb.ny.gov/content/main/hcpp/...tGuide.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you for answering, No, I do not retire and I understand that as soon as Dr. discharges me and the letter with the medical restrictions I have to look for a new job. I don't even have SS. I have a lawyer but very little communication and after so many years like that, already being at the end of the road (I hope) I do not wear out trying to change things is like a long and tedious marriage ? and from what I read in other people's posts that They go through the same thing, I think I'm not so bad ... for what you tell me I should worry more about the "voluntary withdrawal" that is definitely false ... if I look for a job without respecting my medical restrictions and the opinion of Drs is bad, and if I don't do it too. That part confuses me, I just want to do things right and fulfill my responsibilities. and continue with my life in the best possible way within my limitations.

they are required to file a copy of their documentation of your voluntary withdrawal with the court and your atty.
you should review that and decide how best to refute it with contrary evidence.
what will be in issue is the permanent medical restrictions; not all doctors will agree. it will likely be negotiated. continue to follow your doctors orders and let the atty deal with the evidence.
at some point soon you will have to decide whether you want a lump sum buy out of all benefits (medical & disability) or be willing to take disability payments with open medical coverage. you cannot decide what is fair until you know how much they will likely have to pay if they keep your claim open. you should be having discussions with your doctor about what type of medical care you will need long term and how much that will cost. there is no guarentee there will be insurance to cover it.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(08-01-2019, 08:42 PM)confusedNY Wrote: Thank you for answering, No, I do not retire and I understand that as soon as Dr. discharges me and the letter with the medical restrictions I have to look for a new job. I don't even have SS. I have a lawyer but very little communication and after so many years like that, already being at the end of the road (I hope) I do not wear out trying to change things is like a long and tedious marriage ? and from what I read in other people's posts that They go through the same thing, I think I'm not so bad ... for what you tell me I should worry more about the "voluntary withdrawal" that is definitely false ... if I look for a job without respecting my medical restrictions and the opinion of Drs is bad, and if I don't do it too. That part confuses me, I just want to do things right and fulfill my responsibilities. and continue with my life in the best possible way within my limitations.

you are not required to look for or accept a job outside your medical restrictions.
why have you not applied for SSDI?
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you for responding, I applied to the SS and they denied it, as soon as my Dr. discharged me and the letter with my restrictions I want to find a new job ... returning to my job is not possible because the spine surgeon and The neurologist recommended that I should not lift more than 5 pounds, my old job requires much more than that. I had 12-hour shifts actively working, my knee would also be a problem ... to be honest I have seen people with disabilities who work. I believe that if God helps me I can find something for me in another place, obviously it would be less hours and with restrictions. I'm worried about my future medical coverage, I will need a total knee replacement in the future, I also have problems with my lower back ... I don't have SS and I don't think insurance wants to leave the medical coverage open .. previously they asked me if I want to close the claim, do not accept until reach the MMI. Maybe I should accept. I just want to end it all.

I’ve heard that SSDI has a very high first time denial but many succeed on appeal. Can you document at least a year of lst time? Sounds like you are committed; don’t overlook private employment agencies.
They have a strong monetary incentive to place you. Look into private medical insurance. Make sure any settlement will include enough for long term coverage.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Yes, everything is so coplicated, I will tell you how it went with the IME and the hearin that follows. I hope my lawyer does his job and covers the medical part, if there is an opportunity. thank you for your advice. The only thing I can tell you is that I am worn out.

https://nosscr.org/if-youve-been-denied/
https://nosscr.org/referral-service/
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.