Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nevada, mold?
I'm hoping someone here can help me. 3 months ago I started working at a warehouse doing shipping and recieving for a clothing brand. On the first day they told us that they do "smell tests" on just about everything they ship. Slowly but surely I realized they had a mold problem, and everything we were suppose to do was centered around "cleaning' up this problem. Cleaning consists of rounding up all the clothing with visible mold on it, cutting off the tags (that were destroyed by the mold), then wiping off the growth. We then are told to retag, rebag, and restock everything. I asked to be moved off of any type of "cleaning work" because the skin on my forearms became bumpy and irritated for weeks during my 2nd month. Then, earlier this month I started experiencing shortness of breath when just standing at the computer, and it really began to concern me when I became lightheaded a few times. For the past week they've had a team of new hires strictly cleaning all day long. Items that they dub to be too wet feeling or smell too bad are hung up on racks all around the warehouse. I'm led to believe the air quality is poor but I don't know what to do from there. It seems to be irritating me and I desperately want to make an appointment with a doctor. My dilemma is in if it's worth staying at this place and being diagnosed by a doctor, which in my case will likely take another month. Alternatively I can quit now and see a doctor sooner than that. Ultimately I would like to do more about this but that's were I'm unsure if it's worth pursuing. I've been reading that mold is "difficult" in certain situations so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

You should call OSHA as you and other employees could be at risk. That is really disgusting they are selling clothes that have mold and repackaging them. They are not only risking you they are placing whomever buys those products at risk. People with compromised immune system could be especially at risk. I know someone who died within 6 months after black mold exposure.

https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/molds/
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(06-25-2019, 08:51 PM)California_Help Wrote: You should call OSHA as you and other employees could be at risk. That is really disgusting they are selling clothes that have mold and repackaging them. They are not only risking you they are placing whomever buys those products at risk. People with compromised immune system could be especially at risk. I know someone who died within 6 months after black mold exposure.

https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/molds/

Okay, definitely. It's appalling, and I'm sorry to hear that but thank you for your advice!

(06-25-2019, 08:00 PM)oversizedlunch Wrote: I'm hoping someone here can help me. 3 months ago I started working at a warehouse doing shipping and recieving for a clothing brand. On the first day they told us that they do "smell tests" on just about everything they ship. Slowly but surely I realized they had a mold problem, and everything we were suppose to do was centered around "cleaning' up this problem. Cleaning consists of rounding up all the clothing with visible mold on it, cutting off the tags (that were destroyed by the mold), then wiping off the growth. We then are told to retag, rebag, and restock everything. I asked to be moved off of any type of "cleaning work" because the skin on my forearms became bumpy and irritated for weeks during my 2nd month. Then, earlier this month I started experiencing shortness of breath when just standing at the computer, and it really began to concern me when I became lightheaded a few times. For the past week they've had a team of new hires strictly cleaning all day long. Items that they dub to be too wet feeling or smell too bad are hung up on racks all around the warehouse. I'm led to believe the air quality is poor but I don't know what to do from there. It seems to be irritating me and I desperately want to make an appointment with a doctor. My dilemma is in if it's worth staying at this place and being diagnosed by a doctor, which in my case will likely take another month. Alternatively I can quit now and see a doctor sooner than that. Ultimately I would like to do more about this but that's were I'm unsure if it's worth pursuing. I've been reading that mold is "difficult" in certain situations so any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Without medical evidence of an injury you really have no claim.
See a doctor and then decide.you may need a sample of the mold to help the physician with the diagnosis.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nevada ppd settlement answers Mheath16 8 3,669 11-21-2017, 11:55 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Nevada ppd settlement Mheath16 4 1,926 05-10-2017, 05:20 PM
  Nevada second opinion johnny1999 17 9,386 02-24-2014, 10:58 PM
Last Post: johnny1999
  FMLA & WC in Nevada Minda 2 5,946 08-26-2013, 10:03 PM
  Nevada settlement offer question dansmulti 0 6,007 03-09-2013, 06:43 PM