Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WC California
I have a question about when I saw the QME in his report it stated that I was not P&S and yet my treating physician put in his report that I was P&S as stated by the QME,
Can my treating physician change that to TD instead ? My case was accepted March of this year with a denial for the last 1.5 year's. I have received no TD payments and with the P&S being stated why wouldn't the insurance company just settle my case if there wasn't a typo in the treating physician report? Worker's comp is a world in its own. Hopefully someone will know the answer and what I can ask me treating physician to change that P&S status..
thanks

QME CONTROLS.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

File for SSDI.
QME Info here
https://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/medicalunit/faqiw.html

P.S. TTDlimited to 104 weeks.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-14-2019, 10:23 PM)1171 Wrote: File for SSDI.
QME Info here
https://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/medicalunit/faqiw.html

P.S. TTDlimited to 104 weeks.

Thank you for the information and yes I have applied for ssdi .but the QME said I'm not p&s ,treating doctor missed that in the QME report. Can a report be corrected without a deposition?

he’s your doctor; why can’t you discuss it with them?
SSDI is federal and makes no distinction between PD and TTD.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-15-2019, 01:45 PM)1171 Wrote: he’s your doctor; why can’t you discuss it with them?

Could the QME have written a supplemental report you are not aware of?

I agree with 1171 to discuss this with your PTP. Is it written in your PTP's report that you are P&S and you have a copy of it....or did you receive a letter from the insurance carrier stating you are P&S?
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(06-15-2019, 10:48 PM)California_Help Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 01:45 PM)1171 Wrote: he’s your doctor; why can’t you discuss it with them?

Could the QME have written a supplemental report you are not aware of?

I agree with 1171 to discuss this with your PTP. Is it written in your PTP's report that you are P&S and you have a copy of it....or did you receive a letter from the insurance carrier stating you are P&S?

Thank you for your response, yes I plan on speaking with my doctor about this report that says I'm P&S when Clearly the QME report says I'm not .hopefully I can get him to change the status . It's been 2 years without income ,and we know how ssi or ssdi can be a long road .
If I was P&S isn't there some kind of payment from the insurance carrier? Of course this is california.
Thanks again

what s your SDI status?
You can request pd advances.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

After 18 mths no ttd you should have atty.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-16-2019, 11:42 AM)1171 Wrote: After 18 mths no ttd you should have atty.

Thanks, I do have attorney and she continues to tell me to talk to my doctor about the issue and I'm beginning to think that it's her job to do so ,there's an error on a report ,but I'll be the one to speak to my doctor and see if he can change the status. Oh yes I did get SDI from the state of California for about 6 months, but I've used all my money to stay a float .
Thank you so much for your help, great questions and answers