Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
And The Fight Begins.... NY
Thanks bear. I just tried and both features do not work for me. It did a few years ago.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(01-08-2020, 08:22 PM)California_Help Wrote: 1171 does the edit feature work for you?

Nope. Hasn’t for past few years.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Well.. ended up calling my lawyer since emails are not being answered. Now back in December, he told me he was putting in the paperwork to close out Medical since there is nothing more that can be done.... He tells me today he never put it in... WHY NOT.. he wants to make sure there isn't anything more that can be done...
Well, IC won't allow stuff.. I was shocked they approved that MRI in November, which they haven't even paid for... he asked about my hip problems stemming from the low back problem... Like I told him before, it's in the records and IC denies any treatment or procedures for the hip... Now my left knee has been going out... lawyer wants me to see surgeon for that and to put it under comp... Asked what happens when they deny that and refuse to pay for it? Like when both legs gave out on the stairs and I was in the ER and they even said it was due to my low back problem, but IC refused to pay and my private ins is now fighting them on it...
If it's not one thing, it's another....

I've been in the system awhile and I see two possible issues here:

1. Your attorney's response. Are THEY able to provide the necessary paperwork to the opposing counsel?
-You can never trust what your worker's comp adjuster says/does. Misconduct happens every day.
-You cannot trust that your attorney is doing the job he should.
Advice: Lean on your attorney, who then leans on opposing council (this is what your attorney get's paid for), who then forces their client to behave.

2. Your doctor reports need to be addressed. Have a frank conversation with your doctor. If your symptoms are getting worse is this being noted and how well? I've had medically necessary treatments turned down because the doctor's report didn't offer enough information. Does your medical review show any attempts at peer-to-peer contacts? There may just be insufficient information for an approval. If your doctor has new, relevant, unreported information then he can file a new THOROUGH RFA for the same treatment and get the opposite results.
"Spread love everywhere you go." - Mother Teresa​
I am not a professional and I live in California. I've been in the system 93 months and counting so I've been around the block a couple of times.

Just an update... haven't heard not a word from my lawyer or his secretary since March. Sent emails to both the ones he uses, office is only answering service and that lady says he'll be in the office later and will give him the message.... Even left a voicemail on his cell phone.
I had my surgeon, his PA and Pain Management all send him reports saying Nothing more can be done and they won't see me anymore.

So, that 's about it... here in my part of NY, practically everything is open expect for malls and gyms.... Heck, I still get email updates from Comp that they are still doing Video Hearings and have never stopped that. Guess I give him just a bit more time then let Comp know my lawyer seems to be MIA....

Seems like everyone involved with your claim have moved on to other cases. It may be a while before you can expect any activity.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  medical release/buyout? and/ or fight for medical ongoing sahshah 44 36,493 05-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Will my lawyer fight for me??? Is there something else I can do to help my case??? kitty 6 6,711 04-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Last Post: ace25
  Has anyone hired another attorney to fight Dr. reports or Attorney mishandeling Confusedd 17 16,296 02-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo