Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Declared P&S - continue to see PTP w/new restrictions
Rolleyes 
Happy Friday All! CA IW

I've been declared P&S w/future treatments by AME as of 2/4/19, receiving PPD benefits.

I continue to see my PTP and as of 6/3/19, new restrictions, due to reinjury.

I submitted my new restrictions to Employer, who will not accept as they do not apply to my current case since I was declared P&S. Please confirm.

* I apologize if duplicate question * I thought everything was ok w/Employer *

Contact edd for sdi benefits for your new injury.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-07-2019, 09:35 PM)Proud2bme Wrote: Happy Friday All! CA IW

I've been declared P&S w/future treatments by AME as of 2/4/19, receiving PPD benefits.

I continue to see my PTP and as of 6/3/19, new restrictions, due to reinjury.

I submitted my new restrictions to Employer, who will not accept as they do not apply to my current case since I was declared P&S. Please confirm.

* I apologize if duplicate question * I thought everything was ok w/Employer *

No SDI - not an option.

Am I not able to submit new restrictions on current claim? If not, please explain.

No SDI - not an option.

Am I not able to submit new restrictions on current claim? If not, please explain.

The new restrictions are relevant to the new injury and would not apply to the prior work injury unless or until the court determined they were related.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

CA IW - Still confused. Simple and easy to understand for others, but not me.
Let me rephrase the question - I think this belongs in a different forum.

P&S per AME Report with recommendations of further treatment. Able to RTW w/restrictions. Employer denied. Case has not settled.

My PTP recommends surgery due to pain getting worse, Surgery has been approved by IC.
Will I continue to receive PPD or do benefits revert back to TTD benefits while recovering?

From what I gather:
Anytime restrictions change, they have to be determined if case related to existing, by the court? Why? Because declared P&S prior to change?

Thank you for your patience.

You will no longer be at MMI or P&S once there is surgery; TTD will restart if you haven’t exceeded the 104 week limit.
You stated there was a reinjury; i assume this is not a work injury.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

P.S. i’m a bit confused by carrier allowing surgery so soon after Permanent & Stationary determination.
Looks like they disagree with the AME.
I hope you are keeping n contact with your atty.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-09-2019, 12:17 AM)1171 Wrote: P.S. i’m a bit confused by carrier allowing surgery so soon after Permanent & Stationary determination.
Looks like they disagree with the AME.
I hope you are keeping n contact with your atty.

Me too. How can they use P&S as a means to stop TTD when surgery is approved? Was AME not aware PTP was requesting surgery or did not comment on need for surgery? Also, still confused if they allowed IW to RTW with restrictions from AME and IW refused due to new restriction from PTP?

Was surgery approved by insurance carrier in writing? Asking just in case it is being done on a lien without IW knowledge (have seen it in the past but not so much now).

It looks like the re-injury may not have been accepted by IC (unknown). Did it happen at work? 1171 if re-injury happened at home is this generally covered or disputed by carriers? I am curious myself.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Do I have to Continue PT if its making my pain worse ? Gabriel's My Angel 7 1,837 01-26-2018, 05:16 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA injured worker - declared P&S - now what? BB019 41 17,649 07-09-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: BB019
  Does WC payments continue after you've reached your MMI TJLindstrom 3 5,345 05-02-2014, 03:19 AM
Last Post: TJLindstrom
  If I drop my atty do I continue to see the doctors that he set me up with? alagada1 3 4,455 11-15-2010, 12:37 AM
Last Post: AQA
  I continue to be amazed TripleP 2 2,899 08-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Last Post: TripleP
  the questions continue..... pennilayne 3 2,534 09-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Last Post: pennilayne
  Tpm's neck woes continue tpm 34 11,754 02-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Last Post: notreadytogo