Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maximum Medical Improvement
New York
Hi All.
Finally I have reached MMI. My doctor and IME both agree to my having a failed cervical fusion. Both say I can basically do light duty work ( which is what I have done for 30 years). Now they want me to get a statement from my doctor explaining how much time I can actually, sit, stand, etc . It took me forever to get them to just do the MMI and I’m afraid that this busy surgeon is not going to want to do this added report. The MMI is pretty basic and they just checked off the boxes saying I can do things 1/3 of the time. The IME just went over medical reports and literally spent one minute actually having me do little push/pull exercises. My question is what do your doctor reports say and how do they spell it all out ? Has anyone gotten one from their primary doctor or pain management doctor ??

You can request a copy of your medical reports and see exactly what was reported.
You can also review the medical report forms available from the work comp board web site
http://www.wcb.ny.gov/content/main/forms...OVIDER.jsp
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hi
I have a copy of both my doctor and the IME. My dr really didn’t write anything extra....just checked boxes like occasionally/frequently etc. I guess they want more from him ?

(06-02-2019, 01:36 AM)lovemygirls02 Wrote: Hi
I have a copy of both my doctor and the IME. My dr really didn’t write anything extra....just checked boxes like occasionally/frequently etc. I guess they want more from him ?

When you reach MMI, both your doctor and the IME usually fill out Worker's Comp form C-4.3

It's quite a lengthy form (I believe 7 pages) that covers all of your medical issues and functional capabilities.

I don't believe that you can actually be deemed at MMI with the NYS WCB unless both doctors submit that form.

Hi.
Both Drs did submit the c 4.3. The IME and my doctor both checked off the boxes about what I can do frequently, occasionally etc. I’ve had 4 MMI’s done since October. All are so different. Severity ranking is B-G !! IME’s have been the lowest severity ranking !! Sedentary to light work ! I’m still unclear on my restrictions so I need to get something from my doctor explicitly saying how much of the day can be spent sitting without a break standing without a break etc. I can’t imagine a busy ortho group wanting to keep completing these forms. In my other post I did State I had a voluntary retirement from
Labor market and now i have to show reattachment by seeking and actually getting a job. My job I left was sedentary so that’s what I am looking for but then they say I’m Seeking jobs that are exactly what I retired from. I’m
Still at a loss and
I can’t believe I have been fighting this system over 4 years. I guess it’s all about the attorneys and i had a bad one in the beginning !!

probably the only way to get specific answers from your docs is to pay them to write a report for you and give them list questions you want answered.
either that or have your atty arrange a deposition and question them that way.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

You definitely have a "unique" case.

Generally speaking, there are only 2 C-4.3 forms filed. One by the IME and one by your doctor. And they only file those when you reach MMI. I do not understand why you would have 4 MMI's since October.

Physicians that fill out C-4.3 are compensated and should not charge you any out-of-pocket money for anything beyond the C-4.3. In the SSDI process, it's a tad different and paying a physician for a report is common. Not in the NYS WC system.

All the information that you are asking for should be on the C-4.3.

Do you have copies of your C-4.3's? They should have all the info you're looking for. Unless someone isn't doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Like I said, your case is kind of "unique." You are describing things that i have never encountered previously. You need a seasoned lawyer to sift through these issues. I hope yours is up to the challenge.

Also, 4 years is not uncommon. So don't think you're special in that regard. My current case is almost 2 1/2 years old and has basically had no complications. And it will probably be at least another year before it's settled. Your case has multiple complications, so settle in for the long haul if you want to win.

Hi. Unique is just not the word for this case. I won’t use profanities though Sad. My original dr was leaving the the area and thought he was helping me by doing a c 4.3. The opposing side sent me to an IME instead of an ENT. I went because that’s what the letter said. They were both not accepted because I wasn’t 1 year post op. Only me !!
The c 4.3 (the newest one) says light work but does not specify p/t or f/t and the amount of time I can do each task. I was thinking of taking the c4.3 to my primary and see if they can write something out.

My surgeon wrote out my permanent restrictions before I was at MMI. They are quite clear, no lifting over 10 lbs, no reaching overhead, no pushing or pulling, no CPR, no on call or taking floor. This is my right shoulder. I am a nurse but I have a desk job. My left arm has same restrictions except no lifting over 4 lbs. The doc wrote those will be permanent but it's not final yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad maximum medical improvement with a 6% disability. butterfly300 23 51,781 09-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy