Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Close to settlement (Arizona)
Hello, It's been a while since I posted. In Arizona, in June of 2017, I broke my hip at work. I went through surgery and ultimately was fired from my job. I was placed back on full time duty with no restrictions and am now in a different job. My supportive care settlement is in the works. The IME examination found I have a 51% impairment. The doctor offered me 1 hip injection every 6 months for the life of my hip. Based on this report, my adjustor is going to try and work out a settlement deal with me. My question is, would this settlement even be worth it if the only thing I would be offered otherwise is a hip injection twice a year? I am starting to have arthritis in my hip, but I am working full time without much trouble. I do worry about trouble in the future. If I didn't give enough details or information, just tell me. I will try and read from my report. I was just wondering if the monetary value of settling would even be worth it to me. Thanks.

how are you getting your 51% PD payments--lump sum or periodic?
as far as future medical they are only going to pay for the work injury; if other factors in the future (like another employer) aggravate or contribute then they could deny care. whether it's worth it or not depends on the amount. you should decide before they've made an offer.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

edit:
you should decide AFTER they've made an offer.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(04-28-2019, 09:33 PM)1171 Wrote: how are you getting your 51% PD payments--lump sum or periodic?
as far as future medical they are only going to pay for the work injury; if other factors in the future (like another employer) aggravate or contribute then they could deny care. whether it's worth it or not depends on the amount. you should decide before they've made an offer.

I was told a year ago that, since my original Dr. sent me back to work with no restrictions, I won't get anything except supportive care benefits. So I was thinking i was only going to get supportive care benefits as a settlement anyway. Does that sound right, or does the 51% impairment change things?

Thanks.

You were not eligible for wage replacement since you returned to work but permanent disability is paid whether you lost time or not.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(04-29-2019, 10:37 AM)1171 Wrote: You were not eligible for wage replacement since you returned to work but permanent disability is paid whether you lost time or not.

Wonderful. Even if I was sent back to work with no restrictions?

Arizona does allow Permanent Disability to be modified by your future earning capacity.
You can get more formation about how this will affect your benefits here
https://www.azica.gov/sites/default/file...k_2016.pdf

You can also contact the ombudsman for a more detail explanation
https://www.azica.gov/divisions/claims-division

Don’t rely on what could be a misinformed adjuster may tell you.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks for your valuable information. By the way, how long do you think it will take the adjuster to get back with me on possible settlement amounts? It was just Friday that she told me she was going to look into possible settlement. Thanks.

I have no idea on work loads or the timeliness and quality of the adjusters work. Every worker performs at a different pace and has different authority levels. I would think 30 days for some kind of contact.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Update: WC, though they are offering lifetime medical for me, says they are not offering a settlement at this time. I was a bit upset at first, but this is my hip and I am grateful that i do have any medical care I may need. Any insights as to why they don't want to settle 'at this time'? And by 'at this time', does that mean they may want to settle at a later date? Thanks for all your help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Think it's time to close Medical (NY) tbear6410 8 971 10-16-2018, 05:26 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Workers Comp Adjuster (Arizona) 241050 9 2,457 05-20-2018, 12:07 PM
Last Post: 1171
  (Arizona). Supportive Care Settlement 241050 5 1,325 04-11-2018, 10:24 PM
  Does my workers comp case close if I'm fired with cause? Kaii23 7 4,040 09-13-2017, 08:01 AM
Last Post: dusty boy
  Close out case before MMI reached? seestock 2 1,901 05-25-2016, 02:30 PM
Last Post: seestock
  Close 2 cases at once? PuppetMaster 2 1,737 02-04-2016, 02:13 PM
Last Post: PuppetMaster
  Arizona TTD payments J.T. 1 1,611 11-28-2015, 12:48 PM
  what happens to my dissability if i close my work comp? stephany 2 3,600 03-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Last Post: dusty boy
  Am I close to needing an attorney? Rebos 9 7,361 03-03-2014, 03:37 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Back Injury Arizona Joseph 2 3,703 05-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AQA