Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of light duty
My 90 day light duty ends the end of May. I'm a security officer in a medical ctr.
Have completely torn ACL right knee with arthritis as well.
My doctor won't clear me to go back to security work.
My employer doesn't have another position for me.
I'm currently receiving gel injections and my PT is finished.
I'm in Maryland. Any idea on what I may expect going forward?

temporary disability benefits
https://www.wcc.state.md.us/Gen_Info/WCC_Benefits.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I've already been through the Maryland website.
Wondering what happens after they terminate me when light duty ends and I'm not fully cleared to return to my regular job.

(03-26-2019, 09:15 PM)tomatopaste Wrote: I've already been through the Maryland website.
Wondering what happens after they terminate me when light duty ends and I'm not fully cleared to return to my regular job.

You receive temporary disability benefits:
From the link I posted:
“[i] If an employee's injury has resulted in a disability that prevents the person from returning to work at all -that is, the person is completely disabled for all work purposes- then the employee may receive temporary total disability payments.[\i]
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Glad I was able to help. Thanks for posting.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-28-2019, 04:32 PM)1171 Wrote: Glad I was able to help. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the reply.
I believe the employer will fight the temp partial payments.
I may have to wait for a hearing which might take 3 months.

Under fmla you may have job protection for 12 weeks; make sure your employer applies it to your disability period. If you are going to have difficulty with loan payments or creditors, notify them ahead of time about your disability situation. Most will rework any payments until you are re employed.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

So I was sent to an IME doctor who wrote my problem was due to pre existing arthritis. The adjuster has stopped benefits based upon this. My light duty ended and I was terminated due to not being able to return to my position which requires physical work.
My lawyer put in for lost wages and I was denied today. My doctor's rebuttal states that my torn ACL which I received from a work
injury has aggravated my pre existing arthritis. My attorney isn't confident that we will win the appeal.
I was under the impression that an injury that aggravates arthritis is covered .
Now I have to wait months to get a hearing.

Both my doctor and the IME doctor agreed that I can only work light duty.
Again I was terminated because they didn't have any light duty position after today. Any ideas?

Usually with conflicting medical evidence the parties try to settle rather then risk a hearing . The most common time to settle is last minute just before atty has to go to court. If your atty is willing, you might be able to bolster your bargaining position by deposing the IME and see if they’ll weak their opinion under cross examination.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-11-2019, 09:28 PM)1171 Wrote: Usually with conflicting medical evidence the parties try to settle rather then risk a hearing . The most common time to settle is last minute just before atty has to go to court. If your atty is willing, you might be able to bolster your bargaining position by deposing the IME and see if they’ll weak their opinion under cross examination.

Meanwhile I was advised not to collect unemployment as I could affect the outcome of the workers comp case.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 813 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Last Post: 1171
  light duty but cant do duty theworldasone 4 6,800 04-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Injured Worker
  TN Fired after WC claim, Quit light duty job after Surgery Tango 3 3,415 03-27-2015, 11:08 AM
  Light duty Toyster16 1 2,563 06-18-2014, 09:49 PM
  michigan light duty daczs100 15 12,317 02-28-2014, 11:40 PM
  will i still be on light duty while waiting on my appeal cbcalles 1 3,796 08-28-2013, 08:27 PM
  light duty? lonelylib81 5 6,823 05-25-2013, 02:36 AM
  light duty? lonelylib81 9 7,159 04-02-2013, 07:31 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
Sad Light Duty Denied Help! Maurice 3 6,814 03-28-2013, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Enuffpain
  light duty disgusted 9 8,297 03-28-2013, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Enuffpain