Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should I file
Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking. A settlement is not guaranteed and I have bills now and would rather not have to go bankrupt. My attorney gets nothing out of ssdi and would only stand to lose a few bucks which does nothing for me. I'm going to go over this with the worker to see if I understood the info you gave me. What I got out of it was that you can get up to 80% of what you were making at the time of injury which I am getting 66 percent of my income, but not really because my state has a low cap so I'm getting about 55. So ssdi if approved would give me up to the difference of the 80 percent. Another plus would be the health insurance because I have none. I have been having a lot of issues with my shoulder which has been hurting and I was told due to nerves from my neck. Sometimes I think I did something to it also. I would like to get a MRI, but I know they will fight me. So if I get that I can get it checked. So I thank you for your knowledge. Without you, I wouldn't know what to do.

Claimants and Clients need to knowledgeable and vigilant. Glad. Could help
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  to file (a claim) or not to file BigFish_LittleFish 1 2,893 06-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Not sure if I can file???? Julie 5 6,705 07-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Julie