Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Does WC work in MS?
I work for the state mental hospital. A resident injured me, and I was out - by doctors' orders - for a little over a week. I was told I would have to take Leave Without Pay, or use any leave I had already accrued in order to cover my lost time.
I had 40-hours' worth of leave on the books, but I was saving that for a vacation which I have already paid for. So now, not only have I had to use MY OWN time to cover me for an injury that happened on the job, I have zero time left for my vacation or any illness that may arise until I accrue more sick/vacation.
I'm super frustrated. Especially because I now have a possible ear infection and I'm just miserable. But I don't have any leave available to take time off to recoup.
I guess my question is, WHY am I responsible for all of this? How is it even legal to make an employee injured on the job, responsible to cover his/her own time off?

It was your choice to use your vacation time; how can you blame the employer?
It’s legal Because it’s the law for workers comp in your state.
Workers comp is “no fault “ coverage so both parties are responsible.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.