Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workers comp not paying the medical bills, North Carolina
Working as a LEO and received an injury and a trip to the ER, pharmacy, and some follow ups. Incident occurred early May 2018.

I had received one or two of bills that I forwarded to my claim manager and thought everything was good, never saw a bill from ER.

I was about to buy a car and decided to check the ol credit score...I have claims against me for medical debt for around $2,500 and my credit score tanked. I disputed the claim and lost, which lowered my score even more.

I informed my HR department, the medical provider, workers comp. Nothing has been done and being treated like garbage and an inconvenience. I also have not been reimbursed for the pharmacy after written requests.

I received another bill today for the same incident in the mail, 10 months after the incident, threatening collection action. I spoke with them and they have been sending bills to my employer's hr address and nothing is paid, another $457 due they say on top of what's outstanding. Expecting more to show up in the mail.

Any advice would be great. Do I have a case for a grievance or lawsuit? Is it worth the time? I'm back at work, which is more than a lot of people can say, so I'm grateful. Thanks for your time.

Notify the medical provider in writing that it’s a work comp claim and give them the name of the carrier. The bills should go to the nsurance carrier. Send a copy of your notice to the comp carrier along with a copy of the medical bill.
Different states have different rules.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

“If a claim is denied by the insurance company or self-insurer, the employee may request a hearing before the Industrial Commission by submitting a Form 33, Request for Hearing.

Medical providers may bill the employee only after it has finally been determined that it is not a compensable workers’ compensation claim.”
http://www.ic.nc.gov/faqs.html#medical
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Watch out for medical provider fraud California injured workers California_Help 0 2,772 07-12-2019, 03:00 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Co Workers/Workers Comp. 241050 3 5,551 09-29-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  My Workers Comp. Cervical_Fusion 2 3,253 05-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Last Post: fatboy
Sad workers comp lump sum settlement/ medicare set-aside account Dutchy 46 67,446 09-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Medical Bills and the auto accident Bummer Knees 5 3,471 06-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Denied Workers Comp Cervical_Fusion 0 2,818 10-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  workers comp settlement multiple injury HMDR 3 18,377 03-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  TV Comedy "Workers' Comp" Starts Filming in April admin 5 9,459 03-13-2011, 05:04 PM
  Those wacky North Port people.... admin 5 4,112 05-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Last Post: kate
  Paying for college Bummer Knees 2 1,759 08-16-2009, 01:45 PM