Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What takes place after Dr gives you the MMI rating ?
(02-16-2019, 02:51 PM)1171 Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 02:12 PM)tinainky Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 12:27 PM)1171 Wrote: The parties are always allowed to come to an agreement between them without asking a judge to decide.
Why does everything have to be so hard, Oh I know... the dollars... They could care less about the injured worker. This ought to have been brought up WAY before now...Anyhow that's how they roll...

I think when it concerns your personal health & welfare its common to forget that insurance is a business. there are very few business that last very long that don't emphasize making money over losing it.
I'm continually surprised by how many workers don't start with that understanding when dealing with their employer.
I guess it's because most of us don't live our daily lives continually thinking about how much money we made or lost that day. ..... probably why so many end up in financial difficulty at some point.
I guess people tend to value happiness and joy and are amazed that there are other entities out there that have a totally different value system. we tend to think of business as a person when most are far from it.
we get surprised when the difference hits us head on.
Be well.

I never looked at it that way, but you could not be further from the truth. Who would of ever thought that getting injured at work not only is a life changing event, financially pain staking, and mentally exhausting, but trying to get the help that is really needed in order to get well again is nearly impossible when they deny an injury.
Thank you, I hope to get a cortisone shot or epidural soon! I know it will relieve some of the pain, at least temporarily. Thanks again for all your info and replies.

Always glad to provide what information there is available and occasionally a bit a of insight.
Health is very precious. we all should pay more attention to it but we often take it for granted.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-16-2019, 02:51 PM)1171 Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 02:12 PM)tinainky Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 12:27 PM)1171 Wrote: The parties are always allowed to come to an agreement between them without asking a judge to decide.
Why does everything have to be so hard, Oh I know... the dollars... They could care less about the injured worker. This ought to have been brought up WAY before now...Anyhow that's how they roll...

I think when it concerns your personal health & welfare its common to forget that insurance is a business. there are very few business that last very long that don't emphasize making money over losing it.
I'm continually surprised by how many workers don't start with that understanding when dealing with their employer.
I guess it's because most of us don't live our daily lives continually thinking about how much money we made or lost that day. ..... probably why so many end up in financial difficulty at some point.
I guess people tend to value happiness and joy and are amazed that there are other entities out there that have a totally different value system. we tend to think of business as a person when most are far from it.
we get surprised when the difference hits us head on.
Be well.

I think many are not aware what the work comp system is. I thought if you got hurt at work you tell your supervisor and then get treatment from your employers doctor. I had no idea that it was litigious, or that you could receive payments for temporary disability, or permanent disability. I was that naive, and I was in management. We were not trained on the work comp system, only where to send injured workers when they had an injury and how to report it. If the employee was off work then we were told we were not allowed to contact them. This was difficult for me because they were my employee, and I wanted to see how they were doing. I think that this policy is horrible. In hindsight, many of our employees never returned to work and I never heard or saw them again. No one seemed knew anything (except HR and they would not say why). Now I have a better understanding as to what happened to them.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Lack of information allows others to control a situation. Getting information to those who need it is why I post.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-18-2019, 04:19 PM)1171 Wrote: Lack of information allows others to control a situation. Getting information to those who need it is why I post.

well said ! They are hush hush, and want the injured one to keep there mouth shut too.. I could state that my job ... But I can't. Believe what i'd like to say...would get me in trouble...So I just keep my trap shut to others other than a few close friends and family.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sending to wrong place?? tbear6410 3 689 12-19-2018, 03:10 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Texas: Nobody takes out-of-state Workers Comp Insurance. HELP!!! johnnywishbone 3 2,966 04-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Workers comp takes time Mrbigstuff 3 2,661 02-05-2016, 01:33 PM
  Hopefully I found a place that can help me now zsduncan 4 4,058 11-12-2013, 12:27 PM
  No place to stay after surgery powderedwater 1 2,170 10-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Last Post: jayne
  question on how long it takes for an answer back? blake 11 5,496 05-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
  Stuck between a rock and a hard place bagpussinamerica 18 10,307 11-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  Judge takes whos side???Normally borninabarn 4 5,052 11-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt