Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What takes place after Dr gives you the MMI rating ?
I am wondering what takes place after you are evaluated with your MMI? If you are not able to go back to your same company, because of a partial disability rating, will I just be out of a job and left with NO income?
I go back in a month, and will be released from shoulder surgeons care, and evaluated. Most likely physical therapy too.
I have neck issues that causes chronic pain.Although I will get an epidural in two weeks for it, using my own insurance, because IC refuses my neck injury. I wonder will my attorney have to set a date to see a judge to prove my neck was involved. Just confused at this point... he is out of town also.

see page 22 of the guide book: permanent partial disability.
https://labor.ky.gov/Documents/Workers%2...hanges.pdf
the mximum weekly rate depends on your date of injury.
https://labor.ky.gov/Documents/2018%20We...evised.pdf
see page 27 of the guidebook for info on rehbilitation benefits.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you. I read it.

No, it doesn’t say that :
“The number of payments depends on the disability rating.”
Case can be finalized without a court appearance.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-15-2019, 01:19 PM)1171 Wrote: No, it doesn’t say that :
“The number of payments depends on the disability rating.”
Case can be finalized without a court appearance.

Ok I see where it has a formula, on the figures, although I had been released to go back to work with restrictions, which they can not accommodate me so I most likely will be canned after my MMI rating.

Also what about them denying my neck injury when in fact it is on the initial report that i had radiation into the neck andshoulder when I seen the doctor , do we have to have a judge Decide on that? IC is denying it..

Yes they’ll have to produce the evidence they used to deny that body part. The judge can review all he evidence and decide the disputed issues.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-15-2019, 09:13 PM)1171 Wrote: Yes they’ll have to produce the evidence they used to deny that body part. The judge can review all he evidence and decide the disputed issues.

Thank you, so we can not close the case until the judge decides then I suppose.

The parties are always allowed to come to an agreement between them without asking a judge to decide.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-16-2019, 12:27 PM)1171 Wrote: The parties are always allowed to come to an agreement between them without asking a judge to decide.
Why does everything have to be so hard, Oh I know... the dollars... They could care less about the injured worker. This ought to have been brought up WAY before now...Anyhow that's how they roll...

(02-16-2019, 02:12 PM)tinainky Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 12:27 PM)1171 Wrote: The parties are always allowed to come to an agreement between them without asking a judge to decide.
Why does everything have to be so hard, Oh I know... the dollars... They could care less about the injured worker. This ought to have been brought up WAY before now...Anyhow that's how they roll...

I think when it concerns your personal health & welfare its common to forget that insurance is a business. there are very few business that last very long that don't emphasize making money over losing it.
I'm continually surprised by how many workers don't start with that understanding when dealing with their employer.
I guess it's because most of us don't live our daily lives continually thinking about how much money we made or lost that day. ..... probably why so many end up in financial difficulty at some point.
I guess people tend to value happiness and joy and are amazed that there are other entities out there that have a totally different value system. we tend to think of business as a person when most are far from it.
we get surprised when the difference hits us head on.
Be well.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sending to wrong place?? tbear6410 3 738 12-19-2018, 03:10 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Texas: Nobody takes out-of-state Workers Comp Insurance. HELP!!! johnnywishbone 3 3,022 04-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Workers comp takes time Mrbigstuff 3 2,696 02-05-2016, 01:33 PM
  Hopefully I found a place that can help me now zsduncan 4 4,101 11-12-2013, 12:27 PM
  No place to stay after surgery powderedwater 1 2,202 10-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Texas DD rating versus RME rating danitaw63 3 12,478 11-26-2011, 02:12 PM
  question on how long it takes for an answer back? blake 11 5,579 05-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
  Stuck between a rock and a hard place bagpussinamerica 18 10,375 11-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  Judge takes whos side???Normally borninabarn 4 5,122 11-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt