Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Nothing like being followed by an Investigator!
I Just had my first encounter today. I was being followed. I led him on a fiasco run, turning left right and opposite directions...I at one point was behind him and got his license plate number. He follow me for 50 miles... Now the annoying excrement begins...I called my lawyer and told him It scared me once I got back home. Once I figured out he was most likely insurance investigator I felt less scared to death. With e being single and, by myself with no cell phone I was in fact shaken up at first, not knowing who the hell it was.I was glad when I got into a town versus miles of nothing but farm land.
I went to a doctor not pertaining to anything to do with workman's comp too...
Anyone else have this happen to them?

Surveillance is relatively common among nsurers; some more the others.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

It is scary though, me being a woman and out of town by myself. I just hope that it was an investor.

The general idea is that they aren’t suppose to arouse suspicion or fear.
Sounds like a fairly inexpensive and inexperienced investigator.
The carrier may just be trying to appease an anxious employer and not really committed to finding anything significant on the claim.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

It makes me feel like I am a criminal, and not only that, It pisses me off... I refuse to let them make me feel this way too. I have nothing to hide. I understand they need to investigate, but damn it was so frightening for me. I was alone, far from home, and no cell phone. I need to get a cell phone. If it becomes harassing i will let my attorney know .

Yup, I understand.
From their point of view there is no way for them to know the difference without verifying the claim. When money is at stake both sides should use a “ trust but verify” approach.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Workmans comp investigator home visit pdw55 3 5,839 05-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Kansas State Board of Healing Arts has signed an investigator in complaint Bummer Knees 0 4,437 03-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  field investigator? lostinspace 19 16,790 09-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Wink
  Investigator Questions- Oregon maoregon 2 3,276 09-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Fraud investigator WHY cowgirlup1964 12 11,303 07-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Lilly