Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
what to expect from mediation
Question 
I got my trial date today in the mail along with was a mandatory mediation date that I must attend. What is the process and what can I expect from this?

More informal then a trial. Last chance to see if the trial can be avoided e.g. the parties come an agreement on resolving the issues.
See page 11
http://www.laworks.net/Downloads/OWC/OWC...gRules.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-15-2019, 04:41 AM)Gabriels Dad Wrote: I got my trial date today in the mail along with was a mandatory mediation date that I must attend. What is the process and what can I expect from this?

I’m sure you case is different but I recently had my msc. If your not represented then it’s an opportunity for the defense to get you to settle for as little as they can. The DA will tell you what they are willing to settle for. If you don’t agree then you can go into the courtroom and talk to the judge.

Don’t do what I did and hope that the judge will review your evidence. You should state clearly what you are disputing. Keep it short and take notes. Don’t be alarm if the DA cuts you off and try to throw you off with rules and laws that are not relevant.

Hopefully you have an attorney and you won’t have to witness how ridiculous these hearings are.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question My Mediation is tomorrow, what to expect?? (Florida) lovelestat30 5 17,080 03-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Last Post: lucky
  Mediation - what should we expect wife of injured man 11 7,385 02-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Last Post: jayne