Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adjuster requested IME
They can stop your ttd if the employer chooses to follow the IME opinion and offers modified work.
Generally the employer follows the carrier’s IME opinion but they are not required to do so. Whether they will take you back or hold another position for you until your doctor approves is nknown.
Has your doctor given you any indication whether you’ll be permanent restricted from you usual job duties?
I doubt an employer would hold your job until May unless here was solid evidence you would likely be released to perform your usual duties. why keep paying ttd when there is no guarentee in May your doc will give you the ok to do your regular duties?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-06-2019, 09:24 PM)1171 Wrote: They can stop your ttd if the employer chooses to follow the IME opinion and offers modified work.
Generally the employer follows the carrier’s IME opinion but they are not required to do so. Whether they will take you back or hold another position for you until your doctor approves is nknown.
Has your doctor given you any indication whether you’ll be permanent restricted from you usual job duties?
I doubt an employer would hold your job until May unless here was solid evidence you would likely be released to perform your usual duties. why keep paying ttd when there is no guarentee in May your doc will give you the ok to do your regular duties?

Thank you for your response. The surgeon has not indicated for sure. He said there is a good possibility I will not be able to ever perform the duties again but only time will tell. I guess I’m just not sure where to go from here or if I’m just supposed to wait it out. The problem is I can’t sit or stand for extended periods of time. He says nerve regeneration is slow but nothing is guaranteed but just need to wait. I’m glad for his honesty but have no idea where that leaves me in the interim.

You need to need to have a conversation with your employer. A blanket “no” from you on any modified work doesn't leave either Of you with many options....how much sitting ? How much standing? How many breaks?what about good days an bad days? How many hrs a day? Being willing to try; willing to work with them may make it possible to keep your job. Only you can decide if it’s worth the effort.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjuster doesn't communicate with me. Tiberius 2 2,043 11-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  my adjuster changed my mpn ka107 2 1,793 07-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Need help in adjuster hell! lilrose 3 3,183 03-29-2016, 12:39 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Dealing with WC Adjuster and Lawyer/ GA corawilke 2 3,156 09-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  workers comp adjuster marcoleman 12 16,047 11-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Last Post: marcoleman
  Adjuster says claim is closed AxedmyAtty 4 5,902 03-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Last Post: AxedmyAtty
  Is it ok to call claims adjuster itzadrianyo 12 20,327 02-21-2012, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Football71
  Adjuster claims to NOT KNOW I have an Attorney. inquiringMIND 5 6,724 12-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Last Post: inquiringMIND
Sad Do i HAVE to go to an IME if requested? (this is in Wisconsin) dobiqueenx2 24 21,432 09-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  laminectomy- cancellation by adjuster highdesertguy 10 9,405 06-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Last Post: Footster