Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRPS left foot/ankle
Hi everyone!
Live in Indiana, accident 4/23/2018. Foot was crushed at work, went to urgent care per work, received normal work comp treatment. Have now been in a boot for 7 months, was on light duty at work til the won’t accomidate anymore. Have had 1 tarsal metatarsal injection, 13 weeks of PT 3x a week, 2 lumbar sympathetic nerve blocks and refused the last injection due to the pain increasing after each shot instead of it getting better like the doctor said it would. Taking tramadol 6 times a day which takes a little edge off and cymbalta 60mg daily. Nothing is working, I go see the doctor in a few days to see what’s next and if I am at MMI? Anyone have any experience with this condition and workers comp? I have a great WC so far, no issues at all thankfully! Just need a little advice.
Thanks for whoever responds.

Keep in regular contact with your employer and see if they can provide modified work now. When the time comes you might still have a chance at decent re-employment.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hey everyone, just had my FCE last Thursday which was horrible to say the least. Did not realize they override doctors orders. I am still non weight bearing and in a boot and use a knee scooter and the instructor made me walk and put pressure on foot for almost 5 hrs during the test, also without pain medicine. I attempted everything he gave me. At the end he said I would have permanent foot/leg restrictions but that I could have done better. What?????
I go see my Doctor when th week for my rating, what happens next? I do not have an attorney, should I get one??

depends on how you want to resolve your claim and what the report says.
yes if/when you need to resolve a dispute by the comp court.
any finalization will be reviewed and need court approval.

more info:
https://www.in.gov/wcb/index.htm
https://forms.in.gov/Download.aspx?id=5164
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Doc put me at MMI today with permanent restrictions that are way crazy. What do I do next? I am still in a boot, using a knee scooter and am done??? This can’t be right!

You are still entitled to wage loss and treatment.
If you want to dispute the doctors opinion that you are mmi, you’ll Need a medical opinion supporting your contention. If the discrepancy can’t be resolved between you, either party can ask the court to decide.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

PPI is 3 with impairment of 7% lower extremities. What about the meds they had me on? Still in a boot and knee scooter!!! I do NOT understand!! Help

“Wage loss”means disability payment while you are not being paid by your employer.
“Treatment” means medical services needed because of your injury.
You need to be more specific about what you don,t understand;
Just posting “I don,t understand” doesn’t help me answer you.

Have they stopped your checks?
Have they stopped your meds?
Did they take away your scooter?

Give me a clue as to what your problem is. Read more posts on this board; you’ll see that workers comp is a huge system with lots of complex parts.

https://faqs.in.gov/hc/en-us/articles/11...hat-Agency-
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

He didn’t refill the meds, and don’t know about checks yet. What do I do??

You are not required to do anything unless you want something different.
You may need a Copy of the medical report. If so ask the doctor or carrier.

If you want meds to continue, you will need a doctors opinion that your condition requires it. You Can,t get drugs without a perscription.
It would have been easier if you had talked to your doctor about why they stopped them and what additional treatment theye were recommending. You can request a new doctor from the carrier.

Did you fill out and file the request for assistance from the link I posted?
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CRPS Case Closed krodrio 3 909 01-18-2019, 03:39 PM
Last Post: 1171
  have CRPS/RSD harperbass 3 1,066 01-14-2019, 03:35 AM
Last Post: tinainky
  CRPS - PTD or PPD? CRPS_Dad 3 828 12-11-2018, 11:50 AM
  severe ankle injury doc2715@msn.com 1 1,060 12-30-2017, 03:04 PM
  Need 2nd settlement opinion on my CA. 73% MMI CRPS case Steveowie 4 4,686 11-09-2017, 07:21 PM
  Ankle fracture oregon Omar99 11 4,372 07-19-2017, 10:37 PM
  utah multiple amputations on left hand terin7fingers 3 2,042 04-19-2017, 06:25 PM
  CRPS Settlement Midnigh51 20 34,136 04-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Last Post: desparate
  RSD CRPS MMI Gypsy2wheels316 2 3,749 11-30-2016, 06:15 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Sad Has anyone with CRPS/RSD have blisters show up out of no where? Sunshine7 18 27,564 10-10-2016, 02:51 PM
Last Post: California_Help