Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release to work with restrictions but no job to return to
(11-28-2018, 02:04 AM)California_Help Wrote: It says you need the entire for you received including proof of service page 6. This I have a question about as you stated your only received one page. Did you receive a proof of service page? If not ask I&A if that matters and if it does call the defense attorney and have him send it to you ASAP. It is a simple form to fill out but you have to upload the form you received if you cannot do that on your computer you can get help at a WCAB. I would like you to go to a district office as they have kiosk there for this. I don't know if that means they still mail you the check or just provide it there. I HOPE you qualify for this benefit. I will be crossing my fingers for you. Again if you need my help let me know and I will try my best.

How to apply:

The application for the one-time $5,000 payment is available online. If you do not have access to the internet, every DWC district office has a kiosk equipped with a computer, scanner, and printer for your use. Information and Assistance Officers are available in person and over the phone.

You will need the following information to complete the application:

The entire SJDB voucher including proof of service (page 6)
SJDB voucher in .pdf or .tiff format for uploading and attaching to online application
Adjudication (ADJ) number
Use the public search function to find your case and ADJ number. If you do not have an ADJ number, please contact the Information and Assistance Office nearest you.
Workers’ Compensation claim number
Claim numbers are issued by the claims administrator when an injury claim form is filed.

Frequently asked questions:

Frequently asked questions about RTWSP
Frequently asked questions about SJDB voucher
June 2018

The IC’s attorney only forwarded the first page. The page they sent me looked like there was more information. It looks like he fax it to the IC and probably mailed it with his report to my address.

I have the adj#

I sent an email to their attorney today but I haven’t heard anything. I told them I can provide a police report to prove the employer made up a reason and change the dates to avoid paying benefits. I think it’s insurance fraud on the employers end.

I hope the report gets here next week. This qme is really thorough. Do I go to him for treatments or stay with ptp?

QME's do not provide treatment. You need to have a PTP within your employer's MNP or they can ignore his requests if you are treating outside of the MPN. Even with a PTP requests are sent through UR and can be denied. It is not like private insurance and for many injured workers with accepted claims in California it can still be difficult to get treatment. Every case is different.

Insurance fraud is prosecuted by the District Attorney. You can contact the District Attorney's office if you have evidence of insurance fraud.

You can still go down to the WCAB with that form and see if you can apply for that benefit I discussed above now. It is up to you.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(11-28-2018, 05:13 PM)California_Help Wrote: QME's do not provide treatment. You need to have a PTP within your employer's MNP or they can ignore his requests if you are treating outside of the MPN. Even with a PTP requests are sent through UR and can be denied. It is not like private insurance and for many injured workers with accepted claims in California it can still be difficult to get treatment. Every case is different.

Insurance fraud is prosecuted by the District Attorney. You can contact the District Attorney's office if you have evidence of insurance fraud.

You can still go down to the WCAB with that form and see if you can apply for that benefit I discussed above now. It is up to you.

My ptp is in the network. The IC wants me to change my ptp. I would like to stay with ptp until my case is over. I’m worried the IC will try to change the ptp after 24 visits. I’m sure they sent the him the videos but couldn’t get him to change his opinion.

I will contact the DA tomorrow. I think they were trying to hide something bigger than just workers compensation.

Unfortunately I won’t be able to go to the I&A office for a while. I just can’t afford paying the meters.

If your PTP is a chiropractor they can limit you to see him at 24 visits, otherwise you should not have a problem.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(11-29-2018, 07:10 PM)California_Help Wrote: If your PTP is a chiropractor they can limit you to see him at 24 visits, otherwise you should not have a problem.

Yes, he’s a chiropractor. I think he should know more about lumbar injury. I think I might have 8 more visits then.

As of tomorrow, I will no longer have a car. I might have to take the bus. Do I get reimbursed for his fare. I have not used the bus since high school.

I am not sure. You should be reimbursed for mileage to and from your PTP.

You can apply for that benefit I listed above online if you cannot get into the WCAB. If you cannot upload the form you received you can go to the library as they have computers.

I also recommend applying for cal fresh (formerly food stamps) , SSI and also go to food banks if you need to.

(11-30-2018, 09:07 PM)California_Help Wrote: I am not sure. You should be reimbursed for mileage to and from your PTP.

You can apply for that benefit I listed above online if you cannot get into the WCAB. If you cannot upload the form you received you can go to the library as they have computers.

I also recommend applying for cal fresh (formerly food stamps) , SSI and also go to food banks if you need to.

I have cal fresh and I applied for ssdi.

How accurate are the Personnel file the IC gave me? My personnel file from employer does not have any information on my termination.

You can always call your former employer and ask them for a copy or if you can make an appointment to view your file. I have no idea if they will allow it.

You can subpoena their records if you believe the records from the IC are not complete and you have already requested them without a response. Have you asked the defense attorney for complete employee file? Did your employer provide you a copy of a termination form already, have you sign something or were you just told verbally you were terminated?

Copy services like med legal have customer service reps to help you.

(12-01-2018, 09:20 PM)California_Help Wrote: You can always call your former employer and ask them for a copy or if you can make an appointment to view your file. I have no idea if they will allow it.

You can subpoena their records if you believe the records from the IC are not complete and you have already requested them without a response. Have you asked the defense attorney for complete employee file? Did your employer provide you a copy of a termination form already, have you sign something or were you just told verbally you were terminated?

Copy services like med legal have customer service reps to help you.

I emailed my release to work if there was modified work and they never return my call. On third day, i went in to see why no one return my call and I was met by my manager with a discharged letter. He already had HR on the phone and I talked to HR for about an hour. We were going over the handbook. After being asked the same question 50 times, she just said I was terminated for not following company handbook.

The IC provided me with the complete file after I made the request. It didn’t didnt look right as the page numbering was off so I requested one from the employer. Theirs doesn’t have anything regarding my termination other than me being discharged. I’m not sure if they decide which copies I get and don’t get from them.

I’m leaning towards the employer behind the guilty party. They had more to lose. The filenwas no more than 30 pages. Most of it contains the original application and w-2 forms. There’s no training, orientation, promotions, tons of awards and achievements or any disciplinary actions. Only two versions of the employee handbook.

I called the district attorney office but they never pick up.

I just saw the new-legal service. What do they charge for their service?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Employer required "full release" violates ADA law... 1171 7 10,770 04-13-2018, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Billy Miller
  Not Ready to Return to Work / Stress (New to Forum) jjjccefbr 8 4,197 02-04-2017, 01:07 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Not following work restrictions First-of-his-name 6 3,285 09-19-2016, 09:24 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  COMPROMISE & RELEASE injured man 3 2,541 06-18-2016, 09:43 PM
  Back at work but now issued P& S with perm. Restrictions Worriedgirl 52 21,882 05-11-2016, 02:17 PM
  MS Contin ER (Extended release morphine freebird 66 81,665 02-21-2016, 12:58 PM
  Return to work policy NY Osok 1 2,126 03-29-2015, 07:43 PM
  MSC After compromise and release isitdone 1 2,562 12-23-2014, 01:03 PM
  California- Request for release of info CaliMom 2 2,510 12-22-2014, 01:24 PM
  Notice of Ability to Return to Work jtaf 2 3,994 06-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt