Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been a year
My mistake; I should not have assumed you were without payments.
Your atty is correct; as long as they are providing required benefits the law does not require them to agree to or even pursue a lump sum buy out.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

yea I thought so myself. I wish they would work towards an agreement but it's not like its a dire need. I would rather be out from under workers comp and maybe try different treatment to gain some of my quality of life back.

Unless they have an incentive to end the claim, they are likely to let things continue.
If you get a doctor to recommend alternative treatments, that could be an issue that gets you to court. You’ll have discuss such options wth your atty.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Right, so I guess we will see where it goes.

And just like that and another year has passed. Its been a while, and I just wanted to give an update. I applied for ssdi and was approved, which I should get some money out of not a lot due to me still getting comp. There was a court date over a disagreement about an appointment. It was settled the day before the court date. I went and seen their doctor again, and he wasn't happy that I only got one of the tests done since seeing him the year before, but that is on the carrier. I was in a rush to settle and to move on, but now I am just going with the flow. Their doctor wants me to do this shot to see if surgery could help me. I think if the shot helps me, I still won't do surgery because my doctor says he believes I would be worst and if it does help, why would I get a surgery through there doctor and leave mine behind who has helped me relive some of my migraines. My lawyers are pushing me to do the shot because their lawyer said we could talk settlement after shot, but honestly, I'm at a point where I'm in no rush. And again if my doctors telling me he believes I would be worst off doing a surgery why would I risked it. Worst off them I am now? I thought the only worst I could get was in a grave.. Sorry no thanks.

You are right to be skeptical about the treatment recommendations from your doctors.
Their motivations are not always just about your health.
https://projects.propublica.org/docdollars/

Surgeries are a high cost item that are subject to more and more investigation.
Most surgeries can’t be undone.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.