Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sdi lien
Does sdi start the lien from the claim effective date or the date the benefits were paid?

Example: effective date is 1/1/2018. Benefits didnt start until 2/1/2018.

The lien is for a specific amount. The amount should match the rate and period paid. Those items should be stated in the lien.
They would only be allowed to recover for the overlap/ duplicate periods.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

[quote='1171' pid='168241' dateline='1540697666']
The lien is for a specific amount. The amount should match the rate and period paid. Those items should be stated in the lien.
They would only be allowed to recover for the overlap/ duplicate periods.
[/quote

The period is more than a year but the amount paid was for a year. Does that mean they only collect the amount paid? I’ve never received ttd benefits so I’m trying to see what amount I should receive if and when the carrier pays ttd.

sounds like there might have been broken periods.
TTD determination depends on medical evidence.
if the ttd amount due is greater then the lien and the periods are duplicative, they will repay the sdi account and pay you the remaining balance.
it's a relatively standard transaction; nothing complex.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(10-28-2018, 01:03 AM)1171 Wrote: sounds like there might have been broken periods.
TTD determination depends on medical evidence.
if the ttd amount due is greater then the lien and the periods are duplicative, they will repay the sdi account and pay you the remaining balance.
it's a relatively standard transaction; nothing complex.

There were broken periods. Some was my error and some from sdi errors. I do have medical records supporting ttd from when sdi started the benefits but I couldn’t find any from the effective date.

What happens to the month before sdi benefits started? What if there is no medical record of ttd? I was terminated and the doctor I was seeing during that time is no longer in business.

It doesn’t have to be the same doctor; any doctor can give an opinion on disability.
To be persuasive, Opinions have to be reasonable and based on findings, history, and other medical information.
Why do you think the “effective date “ is so important for your benefits?
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(10-28-2018, 11:36 AM)1171 Wrote: It doesn’t have to be the same doctor; any doctor can give an opinion on disability.
To be persuasive, Opinions have to be reasonable and based on findings, history, and other medical information.
Why do you think the “effective date “ is so important for your benefits?

I was never compensated for that period. Its confusing because the adjuster is willing to compensate for that period but only if I settle. I’m getting mixed up because I don’t think he is being truthful.

I’m seeing another pqme next month so hopefully he can clear things up.

I might be able to get a lawyer after my appointment. She told me to call her back after my appointment.

thats good news.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(10-28-2018, 04:58 PM)1171 Wrote: thats good news.

Yes it is. Hopefully it goes well.

It sounds like it’s going to be a long battle since I did not take the offer. I’m curious to know what happens after my appointment. As an injured worker, whats the best case scenario for me? I have had little treatment and it’s only gotten worst.

(10-28-2018, 06:43 PM)Lostandconfused Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 04:58 PM)1171 Wrote: thats good news.

Yes it is. Hopefully it goes well.

It sounds like it’s going to be a long battle since I did not take the offer. I’m curious to know what happens after my appointment. As an injured worker, whats the best case scenario for me? I have had little treatment and it’s only gotten worst.

I don,t know all the issues or what you consider “best”. I’ll assume you want the doc to say your condition is due to the job and you can get significant better with the right treatment.
It’s best not to try and predict outcomes as they vary infinitely with each situation; and you’ll set yourself up for disappointment when the long shot doesn’t come in.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Work Comp Lien with Fradulent Amounts samistheman 5 4,326 10-29-2018, 05:10 PM
Last Post: 1171
  attorney lien question (please) moneyisevil 7 2,546 07-05-2017, 10:51 PM
Last Post: TreadingWater
  EDD Lien Against W/C Settlement CaseyandMarie 12 20,069 07-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Toungue Question about year old lien lonelylib81 1 2,033 07-29-2013, 07:52 PM
  Lien on settlement Cookiecrum 5 5,741 08-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Cookiecrum
  Is a Medicare Set-Aside a lien by the carrier? Danabell 12 12,694 06-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Danabell
  Lien question Manley2 10 7,325 09-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  medical provider lien interpreter 2 2,842 08-18-2007, 10:31 PM