Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impairment ratings
How are impairment ratings calculated. I’ve searched everywhere but it’s different for everyone. I came across a calculator but the page does not open.

Thanks in advance

you can lean more about how a physician uses the AMA rating guides to determine a workers Whole Person Impairment in chapter 10 of the physician's guide:
https://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/MedicalUnit/toc.pdf

P.S. an impairment rating is not the same as a disability rating.
the glossary will provide basic definitions:
https://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/WCGlossary.htm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(10-15-2018, 04:10 PM)1171 Wrote: you can lean more about how a physician uses the AMA rating guides to determine a workers Whole Person Impairment in chapter 10 of the physician's guide:
https://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/MedicalUnit/toc.pdf

P.S. an impairment rating is not the same as a disability rating.
the glossary will provide basic definitions:
https://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/WCGlossary.htm

Thanks, that covered quite a bit. I’ll have to leave it to the experts because there is too much variables involved.

Yes. Physicians have to take classes and become certified to perform ratings.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(10-16-2018, 11:30 AM)1171 Wrote: Yes. Physicians have to take classes and become certified to perform ratings.

Yes, it’s much to complicated to try and understand it. I think it would be rare to have the same results even if it was the same injury.

I got as far as group numbers and gave up.

I was just trying to get an estimate the value to counter offer for settlement.

Thanks again

yes disability ratings are highly customized for the individual situation.
make sure any impairment rating is evaluated by the DEU for a correct PD calculation.
Once you have a final PD rating, there are tables that will make it easier to convert the % into a $$$ amount.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

good one ..

I was given a 0 impairment rating by a doctor and I was on work compensation for two years the only thing that they did to Obsessed the pain was back injections and a lot of medications and after I said I was not getting better an had complications due a mylogram test and they released me with a 0 impairment rating what should I do workers compensation in Virginia but treating in mississippi

Hurt:
Neither the Duration of your claim nor the pain you say you have are ratable under the AMA impairment guides.
You need to obtain medical evidence to support permanent impairment and additional disability benefits.
If you want more information start a new thread.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(10-16-2018, 02:12 PM)1171 Wrote: yes disability ratings are highly customized for the individual situation.
make sure any impairment rating is evaluated by the DEU for a correct PD calculation.
Once you have a final PD rating, there are tables that will make it easier to convert the % into a $$$ amount.

I’m still dizzy from studying impairment rating to pd rating. I came across scheduled loss and unscheduled lost. There’s an abundance of info on schedule loss but not much on unscheduled. Does California have unscheduled loss?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two impairment ratings Lostandconfused 4 1,536 11-11-2018, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
Rolleyes MMI and ratings question milkman0966 5 1,807 06-21-2018, 02:01 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Stacking of PPD ratings in WA?? doglover61 7 12,850 07-17-2017, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Vickie1025
  Ratings tbrghtmn 6 5,541 01-17-2015, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tbrghtmn
  Wrong ratings, etc. bethsha211 3 5,886 08-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Last Post: bethsha211
  Disability ratings Safecracker 3 7,790 11-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Last Post: 1171
  2 impairment ratings hurting in tn 5 9,752 06-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Impairment Ratings Mariannerita 14 26,647 01-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  AVERAGE $$ VALUE OF PPD RATINGS IN CALIFORNIA 1171 13 31,135 01-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
Question Need information on impairment ratings, not sure what to do! Sha49 7 21,803 11-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees