Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terminated for cause
What is terminated for cause? How does this apply to a claim? Sounds like an easy way for employers and IC to avoid benefits.

What are you referring to? What’s the context?
Can you post a. Link?
Could be the other way also; get revenge on an employer by filing a claim after being fired.
It’s meaning probably depends on how it’s used.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-10-2018, 05:28 PM)1171 Wrote: What are you referring to? What’s the context?
Can you post a. Link?
Could be the other way also; get revenge on an employer by filing a claim after being fired.

There’s no link. I’m filing for a hearing and was researching reasons why my claim is still denied after qme says it’s industrial related. Does it have any impact on my claim if qme knows i was terminated for cause?

What is the difference between ml-101 and ml 105 and so forth?

It can’t be the other way around because the reason for termination was pre-injury.

Can employer put in personal file a different reason for termination? The letter I got only says discharge.

I called feha and they told me I can still file but they need to review to see if they will investigate.

I wanted to subpoena my work email that can prove that I was already cleared or subpoena the other HR rep that cleared it but I can’t until it goes to another court.

It just doesn’t seem right that this is lawful. It seems this would just leave a loophole for employers and IC to abused.

Has anyone had a claim accepted, then you inform IC that you we’re terminated and not offered modified work. They suddenly change the adjuster 3 days later and he denied claim without ever speaking to IW.

I hear that IC and attorneys is a small circle so it might be harder to get representation.

What can I bring as evidence in hearing for ttd benefits, reimbursement for paid prescription and mileage?

(09-10-2018, 06:38 PM)Lostandconfused Wrote:
(09-10-2018, 05:28 PM)1171 Wrote: What are you referring to? What’s the context?
Can you post a. Link?

There’s no link. I’m filing for a hearing and was researching reasons why my claim is still denied after qme says it’s industrial related. Does it have any impact on my claim if qme knows i was terminated for cause?

What is the difference between ml-101 and ml 105 and so forth?

It can’t be the other way around because the reason for termination was pre-injury.

Can employer put in personal file a different reason for termination? The letter I got only says discharge.

I called feha and they told me I can still file but they need to review to see if they will investigate.

I wanted to subpoena my work email that can prove that I was already cleared or subpoena the other HR rep that cleared it but I can’t until it goes to another court.

It just doesn’t seem right that this is lawful. It seems this would just leave a loophole for employers and IC to abused.

Has anyone had a claim accepted, then you inform IC that you we’re terminated and not offered modified work. They suddenly change the adjuster 3 days later and he denied claim without ever speaking to IW.

I hear that IC and attorneys is a small circle so it might be harder to get representation.

What can I bring as evidence in hearing for ttd benefits, reimbursement for paid prescription and mileage?

Here is a link to find workers compensation attorney's near you. I just recommend checking their reviews before considering hiring them.
https://www.caaa.org/index.cfm?pg=FindaLawyerDirectory

To get TTD you usually need a note from your doctor every 6 weeks or a report stating you were TTD during that time period. You can bring a copy of mileage and prescription out of pocket. Have you tried to reach out to your claims adjuster and ask them to pay these?

I am a little confused on if you were let go before or after you filed your work comp claim?

As I mentioned above you can go to your local work comp board and ask one of the information and assistance officers to sit down with you and help you with this. You can also ask for help filling out forms for expedited hearing. You can list all of these issues in the form. The QME report stating your injury is work related is something I would recommend including as well as any doctors reports that state your case. I am not a professional so check this info with a professional. It has been a while since I filed for a hearing.

The mileage forms and hearing forms are in the states website.

Good luck to you.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

And you can ask the I&A officer about filing a 132a if you want. It sounds like the retaliation may be ongoing so not sure if it is too late. You would need to provide proof if you were terminated shortly after filing a work comp claim and then your WC claim was denied etc etc...ongoing (if this is what happened I may be confused by your post).
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(09-11-2018, 08:43 PM)California_Help Wrote: And you can ask the I&A officer about filing a 132a if you want. It sounds like the retaliation may be ongoing so not sure if it is too late. You would need to provide proof if you were terminated shortly after filing a work comp claim and then your WC claim was denied etc etc...ongoing (if this is what happened I may be confused by your post).

I tried that link but I never get a return call. I went to the wcab but I couldn’t approach and ask.

I’m going back tomorrow.

The I&A is like a hit or miss. I was there Monday but the person assisting me wasn’t very talkative that day. She was very helpful the week before. I guess I have to ask as many questions as I do here.

I think 132a has a year statue so I don’t know if I can still file that.

I picked up the mileage form as well but I have to go through my records and list the correct dates

Thanks

I was terminated after injury.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California - Lifetime Med - Coverage Terminated spine pain 25 4,986 02-19-2019, 03:18 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Terminated for cause and human resource falsify records Lostandconfused 8 2,074 11-20-2018, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Accident while delivering pizza - terminated!! steve11 2 1,639 08-02-2017, 12:11 PM
Last Post: 1171
  California WC checks terminated before MMI 123katie 19 9,458 05-06-2017, 05:19 PM
  benefits be terminated. hurtnND 2 2,433 02-17-2015, 06:25 PM
  Workman's comp pay reduced/terminated cjeanette 7 8,114 11-08-2014, 10:59 PM
  Terminated on W/C johnny1999 7 6,139 05-09-2014, 07:51 PM
  Learned my employment has been terminated Bummer Knees 8 10,978 12-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Terminated From Work lefty 3 5,343 06-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Question [CA] Can you be terminated while out on W/C ? cinder1ca 4 10,407 02-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica