Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for new surgeon?
Morning all...  NY here...  figure I would let my other post go to sleep...

Just wondering if I should start looking for another surgeon....  Since the one I'm with did my neck surgery, he is refusing to do anything for the lower back.  I've been seeing his PA only every time I go in...  It's gotten to the point that the pain is nonstop.  My ambien doesn't even help with sleep cause of the pain.  I'm also up to disc 4 being involved.   The PA suggested I go back to Pain Management because she says "we can't find nothing wrong and we can't do anything"...  not according to the scans and x-rays they have...  
I saw my Pain Mgmt doctor and he asked how come I haven't had surgery yet??  He says the scans, x-rays and the report from ER doctor are saying the bulges are worse than before and the nerves are always pinched.   I told him what both said.. he disagrees with them.  He is putting in a request for shots towards my right hip because of the pain.. then try and do stronger shots in my lower back just to try and give me a few weeks of less pain.

So, do you think it's time I find someone else??  I first saw the surgeon for lower back with comp.. but he did surgery on the neck which was private insurance.... 

The one I have now is my second surgeon...  1st did the SCS and caused nerve damage..

I think you should at least consider getting an opinion from another surgeon.
Maybe one affiliated with a university medical school or a teaching hospital.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I agree with 1171 to take your scans to another doctor for a second opinion.

Can you take a picture of a screen shot of your MRI report (not personal info) and email it to me?

Sorry you are in so much pain.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

All that is at the office... I may just ask to get copies of everything pertaining to my lower back....

I'll be searching the comp's site and see who they have listed.... It was hard enough getting this 2nd one... but I'm just tired of being told nothing is wrong when there is. 90% of the time, this pain can hit 7 or 8 and my right leg will just go right out...

Update... ever since the fall down my cellar stairs in November and a trip to the ER, nothing has happened at all. Pain Management is on the 3rd request for those stupid shots.
I just sent my family doctor a message for a referral to a neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon at the hospital that she's part of and they need to take Workers Comp.
The pain is totally nonstop now, the nerves are pinched so bad, it looks like I'm a walking drunk... And yes, I've smashed my toes into door frames cause my legs just about gave out. I also have the "Someone is kicking my tailbone" pain that has put me in tears and no sleep at all.
I've been trying since mid December to get in to see the surgeon and PA I have now and nothing. So I'm going to request all reports, records, x-rays, MRI's & CT Scans and try to get in with someone new. My family doctor wanted to put me on antidepressants but I told her if she could get rid of the pain, I wouldn't be depressed....

I recommend getting your neck scans from your doctor too. Neck problems can result in having issues with legs going out etc. You may have multiple issues going on (unknown).
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(01-04-2019, 09:39 PM)California_Help Wrote: I recommend getting your neck scans from your doctor too. Neck problems can result in having issues with legs going out etc. You may have multiple issues going on (unknown).

Those are at the one hospital I'm going to try and get in at.  All MRI's were done there when I was in the ER for the lower back.  They also have the original CT Scans and X-Rays.. so I'm covered on that.  It's the ER that found the 4th disc involved.. the one that my surgeon and his PA say nothing is wrong with it.  The one ER doctors say is bulging and pinching other nerves...

(01-03-2019, 10:56 AM)tbear6410 Wrote: Update... ever since the fall down my cellar stairs in November and a trip to the ER, nothing has happened at all. Pain Management is on the 3rd request for those stupid shots.
I just sent my family doctor a message for a referral to a neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon at the hospital that she's part of and they need to take Workers Comp.
The pain is totally nonstop now, the nerves are pinched so bad, it looks like I'm a walking drunk... And yes, I've smashed my toes into door frames cause my legs just about gave out. I also have the "Someone is kicking my tailbone" pain that has put me in tears and no sleep at all.
I've been trying since mid December to get in to see the surgeon and PA I have now and nothing. So I'm going to request all reports, records, x-rays, MRI's & CT Scans and try to get in with someone new. My family doctor wanted to put me on antidepressants but I told her if she could get rid of the pain, I wouldn't be depressed....

https://www.regenexx.com/blog/research/n...-low-back/

This may not be what is causing your issues. I remembered reading this and why I am sending because you mentioned your tailbone. I know you mentioned your doctor does not see anything wrong with your lower back and why I am mentioning it. He could be wrong and getting a second opinion or third is important. A patient I know did ok after his cervical fusion at first, but after a year his arm and hand had numbness and pain and he also started falling as his leg would buckle, had bladder problems and tail bone pain. Just mentioning in case you may be experiencing same issues. Or this could be a lower back problem. Hope a doctor can figure this out for you. There is obviously a problem somewhere. The most common symptoms you are describing are from the lower back, but the neck can cause them too.

https://www.regenexx.com/blog/research/n...-low-back/

I also mention this as I have developed opposite problem. I had a lumbar fusion and my upper back and neck are having issues. These fusions can affect other parts of the back. In your case, you had lower back problems before your cervical fusion as well. Again, getting a few other opinions will hopefully get you some answers.

I wish you well.

I checked the links out.. pain and problems were there before and after neck surgery. Just mailed out the records release form yesterday and sent Pain Management another message to see if they've heard back yet. I also sent my lawyer an email about all of this.
First and foremost I need someone for my lower back.. then I can have them examine my neck and get a second opinion on that... still have pain in the neck tendons and nerve damage down my right arm... and lets add in the pressure headaches all the time..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELP PLEASE....NC surgeon accepting NJ comp MrAmazingsMom 1 983 06-02-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  DRE vs. ROM Railroaded by W/C surgeon? in Ky. jamman 4 1,940 03-26-2016, 11:27 PM
Last Post: 1171
  New surgeon Manley2 8 4,496 02-18-2014, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  new doctor says the surgeon caused the problems constantpain 10 5,545 05-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Last Post: dusty boy
  2nd opinion surgeon wilma77 2 2,681 05-13-2012, 07:02 AM
Last Post: jayc123
  3rd visit to surgeon bronco54501 0 2,038 01-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  IME vs surgeon's recomendation Bummer Knees 22 9,689 10-30-2008, 12:51 AM
Last Post: RNvic
  Back to surgeon today shady 3 2,647 05-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Last Post: shady
  surgeon changed his mind snuffy66 16 8,018 05-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Last Post: sparkey
  WENT TO SEE SURGEON TODAY Truckster 9 4,687 08-29-2007, 09:32 AM