Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traumatic Brain Injury and vision problems
I will try to make this as short as possible. In December of 2014 I was in a work vehicle accident in Missouri with the vehicle tipping over. I was rushed to the hospital and diagnosed with a TBI resulting in double vision. After 5 days in the hospital and numerous visits with Neurologist, Neuropsycologist and Opthamalogist I eventually had to have Strabismus surgery to try and realign my eyes. the surgery made improvements but I still have double vision and will for the rest of my life and will always require prism glasses. I returned to work almost two years later but not in my previous position as a driver. I have hired an attorney to handle my case because i want the medical left open for continued Eye exams and updated glasses, but I am a little nervous with my choice. 10 months ago I contacted the attorneys office and signed documentation to hire her. I have had a couple of conversations with a paralegal in her office, once in person and others by phone. I was told that the insurance company has made an offer but it was low. To this day I have no idea what the attorney is going for because she has never contacted me and I have never even met her. I guess my question is , should I be concerned that this attorney has never contacted me to discuss the procedure or even how much of a settlement she is seeking?

Is she an experienced work comp atty?
Do/did you have a 3rd party civil suit against the other driver?
it's unlikely you are knowledgeable enough about workers comp to evaluate disability calculations and benefit amounts. Permanent partial disability payments are based on a doctors disability rating as specified by the rating manual and fixed by law. Injured input generally is not relevant to the rating process.
There is usually very little leeway to change the rating.
for more information on using attys in comp cases:
https://labor.mo.gov/DWC/Injured_Workers/obt_lawyer
https://labor.mo.gov/sites/labor/files/p...110-AI.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

hope the information helped.
thankx for posting.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjuster changed PTP from Neuro to Ortho for Brain Injury. Billy Miller 6 813 10-30-2018, 10:10 AM
Last Post: California_Help
Toungue Brain Injuries and WC Mollylink 6 2,101 12-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Mollylink
  post traumatic disability? whirlybirddude 3 3,330 06-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Last Post: NewDriver
  Post traumatic stress disorder eaglewoman 4 9,097 11-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Last Post: 1171
Exclamation RI - Brain Injury - Can you help me with my Son please? marie2010 12 9,144 08-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Brain Aneurysm during work Nina 3 7,649 07-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  loss of field of vision diehard 2 2,499 09-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Last Post: diehard
  Settlements what to look for/expect - my brain fried harrya50 6 14,482 05-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  New Jersey Back Injury problems with W/C Doctor theroos17 6 10,548 04-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  returning to driving a big rig after brain injury muttley 13 19,320 01-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Last Post: muttley