Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WC Doctor
Sad 
I went to a Doctor appointment the other day that was set up by workers comp . The doctor seem like he did know what i was there for . My lawyer said it was workers comps job to get him all my test and info . I have a herniation c5-c6 that's causing pain and burning in my arm . I had a test in my arm confirming my nerves in my arm are damaged. This doctor went on to tell me that's not where my pains coming from which I think is bs. He wanted to treat me but my lawyer said i don't have to treat with him and i already have a doctor .

My lawyer sent a demand letter a while back . The adjuster said we will talk about that after this second option. Was this second option a was for them to send a low ball offer ?

it's rare for them to reply with an offer of more.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Sad 
I know that .I'm just wondering what happens now ?

If you’re in California then that might be the qme. It was in my case anyways.

It’s a long process if that’s the case.

(07-23-2018, 07:06 PM)Lostandconfused Wrote: If you’re in California then that might be the qme. It was in my case anyways.

It’s a long process if that’s the case.

Whats a qme?

I’m having deja vu....

I was asking similar questions myself. I would send you links but I can barely manage to post on this forum.

To my knowledge... a qme is a doctor that reviews your files and assess your injury.

In my experience, it took an additional 6-7 months to get his report.

If you have an attorney, you should contact him every time you have a question.

I only with I found this site earlier.

(07-23-2018, 06:28 PM)Gabriels My Angel Wrote: I know that .I'm just wondering what happens now ?

It depends on the reason for the doctors exam and the doctors opinion.
Was it a QME?

https://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/medicalUnit/faqIW.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Not very clear
This doctor you went to see order by WC was the doctor that asset your injuries at first time is not .they send you for an Indepent Medical Opinion IMO o QME.
If that if the case look like your lawyer also send you to another IME an that is good he is doing his job.
I will assume that you are happy with your doctor seen you by WC.
All this is PBF file for your attorney problably Petition For Benefits
Now is the doctor your lawyer send you agree with the doctor that first evaluated your injury problably the adjuster will come to settle the claim.
I will suggest to your lawyer to make a deposition to the doctor WC send you to see how to discredict his evaluation.Many time lawyers dont do this

Hope to put some light

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 1,780 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Last Post: 1171