Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LEGALLY How long the Work compensation Insurance has to send changed doctor APPOINTME
Florida

March 16 2018 I asked for my ONE TIME change of doctor. March 23 (with in five days) I got an email with the new doctor's name, saying the appointment email or letter will follow.
April 18 , 24 , 26 and 27 I asked where is the appointment with no answer. Today is May 24 and still don't have the email or letter from the work compensation insurance with the appointment date/ time for the new doctor. Legally how long do they have to send this appointment? where can I find this law?

440.13 Medical services and supplies; penalty for violations; limitations.—

"(f) Upon the written request of the employee, the carrier shall give the employee the opportunity for one change of physician during the course of treatment for any one accident. Upon the granting of a change of physician, the originally authorized physician in the same specialty as the changed physician shall become deauthorized upon written notification by the employer or carrier. The carrier shall authorize an alternative physician who shall not be professionally affiliated with the previous physician within 5 days after receipt of the request. If the carrier fails to provide a change of physician as requested by the employee, the employee may select the physician and such physician shall be considered authorized if the treatment being provided is compensable and medically necessary.

Failure of the carrier to timely comply with this subsection shall be a violation of this chapter and the carrier shall be subject to penalties as provided for in s. 440.525."

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/inde...40.13.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

P.S. hopefully your original request was written.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-24-2018, 09:24 PM)1171 Wrote: P.S. hopefully your original request was written.

Yes I have the written one time change request dated March 16 2018. March 23 insurance send the letter with authorized doctor name saying that the appointment letter will follow.
UP TODAY AND WITH NO RESPONSE FOR MY EXTRA appointment Inquiries INSURANCE DIDNT SEND THE APPOINTMENT WITH THIS OR ANY DOCTOR YET!

The 5 days on the law is for "sent the authorized doctor's name" or these five days include the appointment setting to see this doctor too?

I don't find where the Florida law stays the specific time the insurance has to make this appointment.

I found this: If an injured worker requests medically necessary treatment and the employer fails to provide it within a reasonable time, the employee may obtain such treatment at the employer’s expense. See Section 440.13(2)©, Florida Statutes (2002). Then how much is " reasonable time"

I'm with out medical treatment and out of pain pills for two months now, I need a good night sleep with no pain Sad

Thanks for your valuable help!

If necessary The comp court will determine what is reasonable once evidence is presented.
Since they missed the 5 days, it seems you can select one and notify the carrier of your new doc.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-24-2018, 11:36 PM)1171 Wrote: If necessary The comp court will determine what is reasonable once evidence is presented.
Since they missed the 5 days, it seems you can select one and notify the carrier of your new doc.

Good morning!
Don't you think they will argue that they send authorized doctor with in the five days?
March 16 2018 Friday written petition for one time change doctor.
17 and 18 (Saturday and Sunday don't count or it counts?)
19 Monday
20 Tuesday
21 Wednesday
22 Thursday
23 Friday insurance send the letter with authorized doctor NAME no Appoitnment.

I want to understand why you wrote: "Since they missed the 5 days"

Your help will be awesome!

Thank you!

Make the appointment with the Doctor yourself; don't wait for them.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cannot send private messages California_Help 1 168 03-24-2019, 05:12 PM
Last Post: 1171
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 1,058 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
  Adjuster changed PTP from Neuro to Ortho for Brain Injury. Billy Miller 6 779 10-30-2018, 10:10 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Qme doctor said he'll get them to approve my case, how long will it take 1234carpal 3 1,318 06-04-2018, 10:49 PM
  Employer changed my time Scott2016 6 2,159 01-22-2017, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Scott2016
  Can't see doctor without insurance??? shefallsdown 5 1,895 01-17-2017, 12:39 PM
  Which doctor can send me back to work-Kansas no1nurse2 4 2,548 11-15-2016, 01:04 PM
  my adjuster changed my mpn ka107 2 1,750 07-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  NY - Who Do I Send Stuff To?? tbear6410 7 2,364 06-14-2016, 12:39 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Can my attorney send out a offer to ic Speedyro1970 13 8,124 11-30-2012, 12:31 AM