Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IRE in Pennsylvania
I just red the new bill and it does not look good for me . 1st they did drop the percent eg need to be totally disabled from 50 percent to 35 percent which really does not help since there going of the 6th edition which is much harder then the 4th and 5th . The thing that is going to kill my case is that it's retroactive to include all the past cases . I most likely will have to have another IRE done and if I don't hit the 35 percent mark our higher the insurance company has already pay the 500 weeks to me . I went over the 6th edition a little and you have to be in a coma to get 35 percent our higher . I really thought this was going to work out for me . I wish to god I could just go back to work I would give anything if I was able . I do have a appointment with my lawyer this week because my hearing is in 10 days but I can't see any good outcome for me . I really don't no what I'm going to do now I'm going to lose my home .

Sounds like the legislature thought the decision was going to be financially catastrophic for the comp system and so they stepped in to stop the hemorrhaging and rebalance the past pricing structure.
Many states don’t like windfalls for ordinary workers —- only bankers and corporations — so it’s not unexpected.
Hope you are checking out many of the mortgage help programs that have become available since the bankers blew up the home mortgage system 10 yrs ago.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

The thing that makes me mad is I was hurt at work not because of anything I did . I never wanted to sue which my first lawyer wanted to try . I thought I would be able to return to work one day . As my condition got worse and I was in and out of the hospital all the time the insurance company started there games . Iv been to at least 10 IME not one of them came back in my favor one of them I went to on the day I came home from the hospital after being ther for 15 day 5 of them in the ICU . Over the last 2 years since my payments have stopped Iv tryed to get work but no one will hire me becaus of my injury and medication I'm on plus like I said I'm in and out of the hospital all the time . The P.A workers comp system is so screwed up they say its there for the injured worker but its not . In the last 2 years Iv written to almost all the state senators and the Governor about my sittuwaytion but I never heard anything back not even from my own representative but I bet if I was makeing a larg donation like the ins comp they get right back to me . They say one person can make a difference that's not true unless that one person has lots of money . I'm sorry I'm going on so long I'm just venting I thought for once something was going to go in my favor after waiting and fighting for the past 16 months and to be at the finish line only to have it all taken away again . 2 years ago when my payments stopped I had no idea how I was going to be able to keep going and any person able to work would then . I will never understand how it works it makes no since to me the insurance company says I'm at MMI ( Max Medicail Improvement ) so I'm not going to get any better so that means they don't have to pay me anymore where's the logic in that . The way the laws are written is so one sided . In my eyes it's not the law makers writing the workers comp laws it's the insurance company writing them . Again I'm sorry I went on for so long .iv already sold anything I have of any value to try to keep going 1171 you said there are systems set up to help but I'm the kind of guy that can't beg for help I will shoot myself in the head befor I go on public relief our welfare . Thanks for trying to help

https://harpguide.org/
https://www.consumerfinance.gov/mortgagehelp/
https://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/nee...tions.aspx

I understand and share your frustration and it's fine to publicly vent. they make it such an uphill battle for the average worker to even understand thecomplex comp rules and receive what little the system allows.
I hope you and every worker votes tuesday for those candidates that put worker rights/benefits ahead of the interests of the rich & powerful.
Those struggling on the lower rungs of society are deserving citizens as well.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I had a hearing about a month ago and the Ins company asked for a IME to show I still have my work injury . With what I'm reading about act 111 of 2018 even if my IME comes back in my favor that wont help me . The new IRE law is the same as the old one so I can't understand how the ins company's are getting away with it . Has anyone gone through any of this is there any way for a win . My lawyer said we have to wait for the IME. Then we can go from there but I don't know we're we are going I can't see any good out come . There's no way the IME is not going to show I'm still injured but I don't think that helps my case .

Are you not getting what the law allows? Treatment? 500 weeks of payments?
None of the 10 different doctors agreed with you, are they all lying?
None of the many politicians you contacted will help, do you believe they are helping the insurance company to not pay what you deserve?
Workers compensation is “ no fault” insurance; both the worker and the employer have to share responsibility for the injury.
What happened when you contacted all the social services programs?

Using the blame game is not an effective way to fight your way out.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 you said that I have to take some of the blame for my injury . In no way was it my fault . I was hurt when a industrial boiler explode because the person working it was not watching the pressur build up on it . I was walking by the boiler room when I was caught In the explosion . And you asked if I think the politicians were helping the ins company YES 100 percent . The new law they passed is almost to the word the old law . In my city if a police officer or firemen is hurt on the job they could get worker comp for life they don't have to go through the same things as every one else . I never tryed to sue anybody over this but I do think if I'm unable to work I should be able to collect workers comp more then 500 weeks . Yes maybe I'm useing the blame game but after seeing how one sided the workers comp laws are in PA and fighting as long as I have I have a right to . It sounds like you think I'm trying to get something that I'm not entitled to . And you said none of the 10 docters agreed with me there all ins company Doc all they do is IME . When I see a docter that's not on the insurance company's payroll they can't believe what the IME doctors have said . And I don't understand why the taxes payers should have to help me and not the insurance company . I was payed for 10 years for injuries that prevent me from working and are going to effect me for the rest of my life . 1171 Iv red a lot of your post and you give great advice to a lot of people you helped me out with some great advice but you also like to come down on people to .

very few employers or employees understand the origins and purposes of workers compensation insurance. I do try to correct both.
you can find a standard history of "no fault" workers compensation insurance here:
https://www.insurancejournal.com/blogs/a...360273.htm

law makers decide the rights of it citizens; they have the authority to make exceptions whether you agree or not.
in an injury situation neither the employer or nor employee are often able to see anything but their own side of the issue. the courts and judicial system try to act as a neutral party to make the system work for both. still its not uncommon for either or both parties to hang on to their issue and feel they've been wronged. its not perfect but its necessary to make a decision and move on.

be well.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IRE IN PENNSYLVANIA Seven 5 2,254 08-31-2017, 09:52 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Pennsylvania - Wrist Injury BrettT 2 1,435 04-06-2017, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Pennsylvania statute of limitations parkerama 1 979 03-28-2017, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  What happens now? Pennsylvania Averagejoe 11 6,062 02-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Frank Lafferty
  Pennsylvania Workers Comp Questions jeslinks10 9 18,175 03-07-2011, 09:24 AM