Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Worker Comp Settlement Question
you are doing this without an atty.
while a message board can provide information, it is not a good way to be trained on the intricacies of a states work comp system.
I hoped the Kentucky board or ombudsman could have been at least minimally helpful to you.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-04-2018, 02:28 PM)1171 Wrote: I'm not sure where you got the quote. I'll assume it was from the carrier.
you still didn't give be the context of the "full and final indemnity" phase.

you can settle all or part of your future benefits.
the form 110 link i posted has options to waive different future benefits: medical. rehab, reopen.
if you waive all, then there are no further benefits available.
in effect the payment for waiving all is full and final.
that might be what was meant......?

Yes, that was quoted directly from the carrier when I asked what Full and Final Indemnity meant. They told me that then I asked what the offer was where I keep my right to reopen and they replied with this.

“If you want to settle only your Indemnity Benefits is $4546.00 . That would leave open the vocation rehabilitation and right to re-open Indemnity portion.“

I did speak with a lawyer after the first offer where I lose my right to reopen. He told me the price seemed right except for losing my right to reopen. I asked him if I should see if they would let me keep the rights and he said they would probably only offer me the weekly payments but if they offered me a lump sum it would probably be a good offer since I get to keep my rights.

While I understand this is only a website I’m not using this for my final decision. While it will factor into it, I plan on going to see a lawyer again when I receive paperwork in to sign. I just like getting knowledge and perspectives from different side and I really appreciate all of the advice I get here. It has really helped me get through this.

Glad we could help.
With 50 states to cover plus special federal employments, it's a complex set of rules, systems, and practices to understand. There is no substitute for getting advice from some who works with local claims every day.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Have a bit of an update.

The insurance offered to pay me out in a lump sum for my PPD so I can get away from the monthly checks. So I’m happy about that.

They also asked if I was interested in settling medical for life and closing out the case. They offered me $6k to do so. Said that covers a few doctor appointments a year and physical therapy. I have a few questions.

1. How long do I have to reopen my case in case my knee worsens and possibly needs replaced? I mean to determine a higher impairment rating. Is it 2 years from the time I settle my PPD?

2. If you have amazing medical coverage and I mean amazing, would settling the medical for $6k be a good price or still a low offer?

4 yrs.
I don’t think it has to do with good, or great, or amazing, etc. but whether you will have to pay out of pocket or you have insurance that will pay.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-12-2019, 11:19 AM)1171 Wrote: 4 yrs.
I don’t think it has to do with good, or great, or amazing, etc. but whether you will have to pay out of pocket or you have insurance that will pay.

My wife works at a hospital. Everything is covered, physical therapy and doctor visits, 100%. A knee replacement surgery costs less than $100 for us.

So that means you use the $6k medical treatment settlement for an Hawaii vacation or whatever.
If every dollar is free, I can’t guess when you should stop asking for more.
Your arguments should be how much it’ll cost them not to settle wth you....
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worker comp nightmares Turtle23 3 357 08-10-2019, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Turtle23
  CA - Settlement question(s) mikeetoe 1 265 06-07-2019, 12:12 PM
Last Post: 1171
  NYS Section 32 Settlement Question Chin14609 3 352 05-01-2019, 10:09 PM
  Typical Workers Comp Settlement for Stress? California queenbvirgin 2 905 02-04-2019, 08:47 PM
  Florida - Worker comp injury Remymartin74 3 746 10-05-2018, 06:49 PM
Sad Workers comp settlement amount help Jayal27 4 1,975 09-07-2018, 04:06 PM
  NJ Workers Comp Question mcats 32 11,845 06-06-2018, 05:01 PM
  Kentucky legislation to reduce benefits 1171 1 634 04-03-2018, 03:11 PM
  NY comp question redsoxfan 1 793 03-31-2018, 02:53 PM
  NC workers comp question Cwayman21 4 2,133 02-14-2018, 05:30 PM