Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Employer fired me
In Arizona. My employer fired me while on workers comp. Now what? Can I apply for unemployment? Any suggestions? Thanks.

if you are ready and able to work, you can file for unemployment benefits while you look for another job.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-20-2018, 03:20 PM)1171 Wrote: if you are ready and able to work, you can file for unemployment benefits while you look for another job.

Okay thanks. I am still on a restriction for breaking my elbow so I 'think' I am going to get another workers comp check, as the doctor decided the fall was due to my hip . Thanks.

if your restrictions are temporary, its likely your unemployment would be denied. .
that opinion will complicate your comp claim.
it's likely the carrier will try to dispute the connection and it will need litigation to be resolved.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-20-2018, 03:46 PM)1171 Wrote: if your restrictions are temporary, its likely your unemployment would be denied. .
that opinion will complicate your comp claim.
it's likely the carrier will try to dispute the connection and it will need litigation to be resolved.

So basically, I am screwed? I need to find another job and fast?

unemployment is not a substitute for disability benefits.
i assume you do not have Short Term Disability Insurance thru your employer.
if your disability is likely to last a year, you can apply for Social Security Disability Insurance.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Employer refused to file my claim, then fired me Brooklyn1976 1 4,327 08-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Employer refuses to file injury report - fired in PA Hamilton 5 7,679 03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt