Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second opinion
Hi there,
I chose a doc for a second opinion as I was approved for one by my insurance via email. Is this email sufficient proof of approval? How long do they have to get written authorization to new chosen doc? If original doc signs off on me before second opinion is received, do they still keep paying my monthly disability until I recieve the second opinion. So glad I found this page for help! Fyi: I live in Nevada

Thank you,
Lonita

Yes, email is sufficient. The email should also be given to the doc as carrier authorization..a separate notification is not necessary.
They can interrupt paymentsts until they receive another opinion.
Your second opinion does not make the first one wrong; it just means there is a dispute that needs to be resolved.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-13-2018, 07:10 PM)1171 Wrote: Yes, email is sufficient. The email should also be given to the doc as carrier authorization..a separate notification is not necessary.
They can interrupt paymentsts until they receive another opinion.
Your second opinion does not make the first one wrong; it just means there is a dispute that needs to be resolved.

Thank you, The claim was filed in Nevada. Is there a timeline by which the insurance company has to get written authorization to them within?

The email is sufficient
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you, I just sent that to new doctor.

You are welcome.
Nevada has much information online
http://dir.nv.gov/WCS/Home/
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.