Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re injured myself (not the workers comp injury)
Last week I broke my elbow, unrelated to my workers comp injury, which was a broken hip. Will this play ANY part at all in my workers comp case? Last month the Dr. said I could return to work with restrictions. My work rejected my restrictions. I go back to the Dr. this coming week. I really don't know exactly what I am asking...will my Dr. factor in this injury in his decision to have me go back to work, in addition to the restrictions? I obviously am not going to be able to work doing my physical job with my broken elbow. I don't want this break complicating matters at all..not that it isn't already hindering my day to day activities. Does anybody know what an additional injury may or may not mean regarding my going back to work/not going back to work? Thanks.

Temporary disability is a medical status. As long as your condition from the work injury is disabling, you are eligible for disability payments from workers comp regardless of other conditions you may have.
Many workers have other medical conditions at the time Of a work out injury; it is generally not a problem for the health provider to address each separately.
When your hip injury is no longer disabiling according to the doctor, disability payments will end whether you return to work or not.
Hope that clarify things.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-10-2018, 12:05 AM)1171 Wrote: Temporary disability is a medical status. As long as your condition from the work injury is disabling, you are eligible for disability payments from workers comp regardless of other conditions you may have.
Many workers have other medical conditions at the time Of a work out injury; it is generally not a problem for the health provider to address each separately.
When your hip injury is no longer disabiling according to the doctor, disability payments will end whether you return to work or not.
Hope that clarify things.

Okay, so when I go to the Dr. and if he deems me able to return to work, he will write the note up as such? Then, since I have an elbow break, I would have to talk with my employer separately about that issue then?

If they can accommodate your hip restrictions but not both, then the disability payments would end, but you would be off work until your elbow condition r covered.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Workers Comp Disputing Medical Bills gamora77 1 381 03-15-2019, 11:22 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Built a map of workers comp. John_Richardson 1 862 02-28-2019, 08:48 AM
Last Post: TerryLewis
Shy Work related/induced stress & workers comp heartworkerNC 7 4,508 02-20-2019, 08:16 AM
Last Post: TerryLewis
  Typical Workers Comp Settlement for Stress? California queenbvirgin 2 640 02-04-2019, 08:47 PM
  ust now Can I quit my job and do freelance work during workers comp? caworkerscompqs 1 525 01-30-2019, 04:32 PM
  New York Injured Workers - Urgent - Please Read ChimarenTaylor 10 8,363 01-12-2019, 09:14 AM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Workers Comp Violation? Floydmay22 2 966 11-17-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Florida - Worker comp injury Remymartin74 3 664 10-05-2018, 06:49 PM
Sad Workers comp settlement amount help Jayal27 4 1,703 09-07-2018, 04:06 PM
  Workers Comp. running out in Calif. C3d 3 1,813 08-20-2018, 01:11 AM