Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will WC carrier pay for out of state hotel (CA)
Heading back to the Dr. Friday. Another long drive and an overnight stay just to look "pretty" infront of the doctor. They denied everything he wanted to do and we appealed all the things Eg; Meds, Physical Therapy, Injectons and one other thing.

Went to the doctor. I didn't go to bed until 8:45 AM because of my pain and had to wake up at 10:00AM. Unfortunately for me, I am out another night of hotel money. There was no way I could drive home 3 hours on one and a half hours of sleep, so I booked another night. After the doctor I came back to the hotel and slept for 7 hours and drove back home.

So, the doctor told me it's pointless for me to keep coming back in, so he doesn't want to see me until the treatment is approved(never going to happen, we've already appealed and they turned down) He keeps insisting on cymbalta, which the UR said was not necessary. If he were to fill in house prescriptions, he could give it to me right then and there without a UR. They only have Narcotics and muscle relaxers in house, so still no pain meds for me(cymbalta) because they denied it. He wrote the script again anyway and told me to "Keep trying to fill it" LMFAO.
He wrote for more Physical Therapy, but that's no good. Still no tens unit(which I had before but it broke) I don't feel any better, back still hurts, I've done it for years before and had aqua therapy. They will probably deny another round anyway. I told the doctor I can't keep living like this and it makes me want to kill myself and I need sleep and now I have pins and needles all down my left side.
The kicker to it all was that at the end of my 8 minute visit, he goes so you still have restrictions, no blah blah blah blah, only lift blah blah lbs. I told him straight up, I already know, I have a CA QME that gave me less than what you gave me. I am going off of that, and I am still waiting for my damn work voucher. It's like, homie, I am just here for the crappy treatment that they aren't even approving. Could care less about your restrictions. Out of state doctor's man...

PPO won't pay for any treatment that was caused by this, actually they just found out about an MRI I had on my neck where my personal doctor needed to rule out to see if it was related to my neck injury( I have a neck head and back claim) and they found out and they denied it and now I am stuck with the bill.

Again, I am just venting, this is the only place I can just rant on end(although I try and not clog it up)
Thanks to everyone that has tried to help. I don't even know what to do anymore. A few of you have posted handbooks, guides, labor codes and all and I have been really familiarizing myself with it. I am more aware of what is happening but I can't do much since I have an attorney. I called to order COURT TRANSCRIPTS and they told me that since I have an attorney, I need to have him order them. I don't want him to know, the whole reason I want to order the transcripts is to see if his sneaky, shittyself actually did what he said. Because, no money, no voucher and no explanation in years not good.

My attorney said that the QME was deposed, and that they ARE paying me back TTD. I fought my attorney over this after he yelled and screamed(literally) and told me they would never pay and come to find out they WILL. I read the laws, I know what they have to do. Now, he said they didn't take the 15 percent out automatically for him but he refuses to get me penalties so I will be withholding until he gets me my penalties. If he sues me I will countersue him BACK. 3 years late. I believe that's a flat rate and a certain percentage point of interest each year up to 10k. Also, I want my penalties from the last check that was a year late. Flat rate plus a year of interest. He refuses to get it. Still no voucher. :/ By the way, is that normal for a WC IC not to withhold attorney fees?

In California When additional PD is anticipated, they'll take the fees from accrued PD.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-03-2018, 12:35 AM)1171 Wrote: In California When additional PD is anticipated, they'll take the fees from accrued PD.

He says they didn't and he wants me to write a personal check for 15 percent

They didn,t because your final PD hasn't been established.
He needs a court order to receive payments from you; only wcab can approve fee payments.
He can be sanctioned by the court for asking for payment directly from you.
He's working out of jurisdiction and doesn't know the California rules; dangerous situation for him.
Ethics violation at very least.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

You are also entitled to challenge any fee request . You can file an objection with the comp court at fee determination time.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-03-2018, 01:06 PM)1171 Wrote: They didn,t because your final PD hasn't been established.
He needs a court order to receive payments from you; only wcab can approve fee payments.
He can be sanctioned by the court for asking for payment directly from you.
He's working out of jurisdiction and doesn't know the California rules; dangerous situation for him.
Ethics violation at very least.

My final PD has been established, it was established a year and a half ago. I was rated 19 percent and they were paying me PDA payments up until very recently. He got paid for his part of my PD. He got his money

He says I need to cut him a check for the late TTD that I am supposed to receive very soon. Again, this is something I SHOULD have received years PD was ever established because this is money that was supposed to be to because I was off of work.

To be honest I wouldn't say I am scared of him but I would rather not be yelled at, especially over money he would prob flip his mind so I will cut the check. We we will see what happens. Thanks for the info as always.

Update: I asked for my contract. It says he is eligible for 12-15 % of workers compensation benefits. Note I didn't say All and any. So, I assume TTD is included in that. When I asked his paralegal what his ACTUAL office fee is because 12-15 is pretty broad, they replied "well, that is just a general workers comp contract that you signed" I am just going to cut him the 15 percent from this check(even though it doesn't include any penalties and there is money missing) and go from there.
A reminder, to get this TTD he did NOT have to go to court, all he had to do was sit in his office and sit with the other attorney and do the depo of my QME. He did NOT have to go to court.

don't think you made that clear in your prior posts.
now i'm unclear as to why you are waiting for a P&S report and going to QMEs if you are already P&S and have a rating.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting Tired Of My Ins. Carrier.... tbear6410 135 45,072 04-14-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
  CA how to protect third party pain and suffering settlement from carrier liens? EJL 2 2,210 05-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Last Post: sergios
  Billing Forms For Insurance Carrier champmed 2 2,127 04-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  I filed 3 business days ago... their carrier wants to talk already! Good or bad sign? AMSchmitt79 6 3,574 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
Last Post: 1171
  NC State WC employees and State Employee bonus CuriousOneNC 1 2,081 01-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Can carrier ask for TTD credit in settlement- CA Jack 2 3,788 12-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: dolphins
  carrier refusing to fill prescription i have had for 4 years vickijperks 5 5,878 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  strong armed by WC carrier kaohu69 5 6,209 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Can I fire my lawyer or contact insurance carrier if he refuses? fedupagain 3 4,814 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: nomeds
  Comp Carrier heynow 7 6,583 06-30-2012, 12:50 PM
Last Post: bronco54501